Best Hunting TV Shows?

Seems like we all are watching the same shows. Can't disagree with many of the suggestions. Here is my problem. I have the DVR set to record the new episodes of Fresh Tracks, Meat Eater and Western Hunter since I travel a lot for work. We have Midco Communications for our cable provider and what I'm finding is that they don't always list the new shows as new and I don't record them. Not a big problem with Randy's show since it shows up on youtube. Going through my DVR on a rainy Sunday and found I had part 2 of a moose hunt and no part 1 to be found anywhere.

In my opinion FreshTracks,Meateater, Western Hunter and Live2 Hunt show the true enjoyment and excitement of the hunt. Others are just ding their job by "getting it done" following the guidelines established by someone that thinks they know what the public wants. I've lost interest in all those guided hunts where the more you pay the bigger the animal scores. Keep up the good work Randy.

I think we all agree on the top two shows as I see them come up the most (Randy and Steven Rinella) but one show I don't think gets enough credit is Into High Country. Jason is a fairly reserved, honest hunter who does things the right way. Most of his hunts are western big game on public land (I've seen a couple of deer hunts that weren't...no biggie) and he shares many of the same sponsorships as Mr. Newberg. If you haven't seen it check it out!

Was going to say the same thing. I've always enjoyed his show. He tells a good story.

Here is a different side of this.....before I started hunting (2003) I had never even seen a hunting show. I was lucky enough to be introduced to hunting by an Army buddy while stationed at Ft Lewis , WA. The first day we went out I posted up on a log at the edge of a clear cut. About 10 minutes left in shooting light (real gloaming light) I had a doe and fawn walk with 15 feet of me without realizing what I was. It was incredible and I was hooked. Glad I had never been exposed to some of the yahoos out there prior to that pure moment. :)

I enjoy watching The Hunting Public on YouTube, it's the public land guys from MWW. Nice to see a bunch of young guys out there showing the struggles of hunting public land deer.

Meateater and Fresh Tracks are the best in my opinion. Eastman's is pretty good, glad to hear the music is better than it used to be. If anyone wants to puke watch an episode of Live the Wild Life. The Wyoming G&F got him on a few violations so not sure if his show is on anymore but holy moses is it bad.

If you want to see a hunting show with bad music that would be "Into High Country". Sounds like the depressing music in a funeral home.

Does anyone know why there has not been a new meateater season out in over a year? Infact in ALL of 2017? Is ZPZ battling with the networks and trying to go to 'alternative' methods like randy has gone?
Via social media, I know they have been hunting. I'm ready to see it and will pay for the episodes anyway I can get them.

I only have Netflix and Amazon so my choices are limited. Fresh tracks and meateater. When I had cable I did like Jim Shockey's stuff, his Dad was a riot.

I only have Netflix and Amazon so my choices are limited. Fresh tracks and meateater. When I had cable I did like Jim Shockey's stuff, his Dad was a riot.

Jim's stuff is top shelf. This weekend I caught the first part of his Uncharted show where they joined a group of native and their beluga whale hunt in Point Hope, AK. Was very well done. Next week they do the same, but they are hunting larger whales. Not that whale hunting is anything in the plans of readers here, but his perspective of the culture, sustainability of the harvest, and the sharing of the meat was excellent.

If you want to see a hunting show with bad music that would be "Into High Country". Sounds like the depressing music in a funeral home.

Stumbled on to another episode of this show the other day. The host was taking his GF on a hunt for her first mule deer. Of course they were successful in the end but the perfect make-up and hair was laughable and the giant fake eyelashes were just too much. The very depressing background music was still there as well.

Guess I'll have to follow Randy over to YouTube after this season. I won't be missing much when I get rid of the Outdoor channel.

To my mind most of the shows on the outdoors networks aren't hunting. Maybe because I was raised to actually go out and hunt. The vast majority of these shows are either whitetail hunting or turkey hunting on some ranch somewhere or guided hunts which the majority of people can't afford. May as well be looking at $8000 rifles I can't afford.

I don’t watch much outdoor TV but just saw meat eater season 6 episode 14, MT bear hunt. Probably the best episode I’ve ever seen. I often hunt the same ridges, and he did a great job with it, all around excellent.

I don’t watch much outdoor TV but just saw meat eater season 6 episode 14, MT bear hunt. Probably the best episode I’ve ever seen. I often hunt the same ridges, and he did a great job with it, all around excellent.

I've watched that one a few times as well. You're right that it's really well done.

I agree with you. Meateater and Randy's are some of my favorite shows.

If you are looking for a more Midwestern whitetail type show, The Hunting Public on Youtube does some great stuff following some public land whitetail hunters. They were the public land guys who were formerly with Winke's crew.

I've watched that one a few times as well. You're right that it's really well done.

I'll watch it again. I recently got netflixs and browsed through and watched a handful of Rinella episodes, all were very good. WY antelope, SGH cow elk, and Idaho mule deer. The MT bear was hands down the best, mostly because I can relate to the specific place, history, and experiences good and bad from years of hunting there, as apparently he does also. It was very, very well done.

I occasionally like to briefly watch the rich guy hunting safaris in exotic places, cushy private land hunts, man with hot wife resort hunts, retards flinging arrows and yelling "boyah", etc. But, when it comes to bear hunting, that particular episode is in a league of it's own. Just my opinion.

I can't stand to watch most these outdoor TV clowns and their guided 55 gallon barrel baited bear hunts, just lame.

I'll watch it again. I recently got netflixs and browsed through and watched a handful of Rinella episodes, all were very good. WY antelope, SGH cow elk, and Idaho mule deer. The MT bear was hands down the best, mostly because I can relate to the specific place, history, and experiences good and bad from years of hunting there, as apparently he does also. It was very, very well done.

I occasionally like to briefly watch the rich guy hunting safaris in exotic places, cushy private land hunts, man with hot wife resort hunts, retards flinging arrows and yelling "boyah", etc. But, when it comes to bear hunting, that particular episode is in a league of it's own. Just my opinion.

I can't stand to watch most these outdoor TV clowns and their guided 55 gallon barrel baited bear hunts, just lame.

I've been wearing those two seasons out. I'm desperate for them to add some more of his older stuff.

Check out 'Sky Island Solitaire' and 'Mountain Meditation'. In addition to the ones you listed they're the one's I rotate through. Especially the Coues hunt.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back