Public Land arsonists get pardons

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should argue about religion instead of realizing that they're coming for our public lands like never before.

I’d say 3 & 4 years in prison and $400,000 is enough for them.

I don’t see this as something where they got off scott free.

I’d say 3 & 4 years in prison and $400,000 is enough for them.

I don’t see this as something where they got off scott free.

I'm assuming you are familiar with the full case... that they lit the fire to allegedly cover-up poaching 7 deer. This was not the first time they had committed arson, the previous time they set fires on a slope, during a fire-ban with firefighters camping on the slope above. There were numerous complaints of them menacing/shooting at hunters on public lands adjacent to their ranch, and they threatened to frame a BLM employee if said person didn't terminate the investigation on the fire.

... not sure if 3-4 years and $400,000 is even close to enough

Interesting article. They should have served their minimal sentence for arson. Not a pardon I would support based on the NPR information shared.

Wllm, would you share where you gained the information that they lit the fire to conceal their poaching? My understanding is more a statement over their anti-government... I think your comment is a stretch though would be interested to read your source.

Last edited:
I'm assuming you are familiar with the full case... that they lit the fire to allegedly cover-up poaching 7 deer. This was not the first time they had committed arson, the previous time they set fires on a slope, during a fire-ban with firefighters camping on the slope above. There were numerous complaints of them menacing/shooting at hunters on public lands adjacent to their ranch, and they threatened to frame a BLM employee if said person didn't terminate the investigation on the fire.

... not sure if 3-4 years and $400,000 is even close to enough

Convicted by a jury of their peers, and now, this president has just emboldened the same militias and fanatics that took over Malhuer to continue their fight. Somebody is going to get shot before this is over.

Convicted by a jury of their peers, and now, this president has just emboldened the same militias and fanatics that took over Malhuer to continue their fight. Somebody is going to get shot before this is over.

Hasn't someone already been shot & killed? Oops, wrong standoff.

Interesting article. They should have served their minimal sentence for arson. Not a pardon I would support based on the NPR information shared.

Wllm, would you share where you gained the information that they lit the fire to conceal their poaching? My understanding is more a statement over their anti-government... I think your comment is a stretch though would be interested to read your source.

2016 article~ https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tandoff/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.3aaf87b2597a

I don't agree with that standoff or the actions of those LEO's. I wouldn't exactly call it a throw down either.

Dude had been parading around the occupation with guns, threatening to use them. He jumps out of the car, reaches for his vest, and the LEO's did what they felt was prudent.

You can't pretend to be a badass when your hiding behind others and flashing your piece, and then expect people to treat you like a kitten when you're actually confronted with the people who you've been antagonizing and threatening all week.

I think the Hammonds got a helluva sentence, and it could have been reduced and IIRC, th judge was forced to issue a harsh sentence under minimum sentencing guidelines, but this pardon tells all the Ammon's & LAVoy's out there that they're justified in their rebellion against the Republic, and they should continue the fight.

The Fed screwed up the prosecution, but that doesn't absolve those who seek to start a violent revolution in order to claim what's not their's.

It was part of the evidence given at their trial.

hamond.jpg

http://www.chicagotribune.com/ct-re...nt-on-oregon-standoff-20160104-htmlstory.html

Thanks for sharing, Zach / Wllm - amazing arrogance if it was to cover up poached deer.

Found this of interest... Some seem enthralled to link the Bundy's with the Hammond's... true? False?

“I have received information that Ammon Bundy has communicated with you or your office about the Hammond Family,” W. Alan Schroeder, an attorney for the Hammonds, wrote to David M. Ward, Harney County’s sheriff, in December. “… I write to clarify that neither Ammon Bundy nor anyone within his group/organization speak for the Hammond Family.”

Last edited:
Only because at the time they thought the Bundy's were on the wrong side of the law and as any self-preservationist would do, tried to distance themselves. Only later, as we've all clearly learned in the last several years, did they get confirmation the Bundy's were completely justified and the Fed's were in the wrong.

I'm sure they'll do a sage brush tour soon enough. They'll probably even sign your pocket constitution.

Dude had been parading around the occupation with guns, threatening to use them. He jumps out of the car, reaches for his vest, and the LEO's did what they felt was prudent.

You can't pretend to be a badass when your hiding behind others and flashing your piece, and then expect people to treat you like a kitten when you're actually confronted with the people who you've been antagonizing and threatening all week.

I think the Hammonds got a helluva sentence, and it could have been reduced and IIRC, th judge was forced to issue a harsh sentence under minimum sentencing guidelines, but this pardon tells all the Ammon's & LAVoy's out there that they're justified in their rebellion against the Republic, and they should continue the fight.

The Fed screwed up the prosecution, but that doesn't absolve those who seek to start a violent revolution in order to claim what's not their's.

‘I Would Rather Die Than Be Caged’-Lavoy Finicum

Lavoy played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.

I suppose one could feel the sentence was too heavy handed, but when I hear of wildland arson my mind goes to Jared Oyler, a man currently on death row for purposefully lighting a wildland fire that resulted in the death of five firefighters.

Have no doubt, this will embolden the anti-public land crowd, and in turn, ratchet up the tension between those dopes and agency folks who manage and protect our public lands, who are already working in an environment that is getting more dangerous for them every day.

Only because at the time they thought the Bundy's were on the wrong side of the law and as any self-preservationist would do, tried to distance themselves. Only later, as we've all clearly learned in the last several years, did they get confirmation the Bundy's were completely justified and the Fed's were in the wrong.

I'm sure they'll do a sage brush tour soon enough. They'll probably even sign your pocket constitution.

Just to note, the statement of clarified distance from the Bundy clan was made after the appeal ordered the arson based sentencing and before Trump became President.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back