Caribou Gear Tarp

Asking a favor

Done. I found this forum because of your you tube channel. Great content on it and here! Keep up the good work.

I subscribed a while back - that's how I ended up finding this forum - and I've had a question nagging at me. Do you get anything from us watching the commercials that appear before/during/after an episode? I figured it has to benefit you somehow (watching vs. "skip ad"), so I always let the commercial play through figuring it's the least I can do to thank you for putting the shows on Youtube, but if it doesn't benefit you at all, I'll just get right to the good stuff. Thanks very much for all you do - the show, the podcast, and all of your advocacy work.

I subscribed a while back - that's how I ended up finding this forum - and I've had a question nagging at me. Do you get anything from us watching the commercials that appear before/during/after an episode? I figured it has to benefit you somehow (watching vs. "skip ad"), so I always let the commercial play through figuring it's the least I can do to thank you for putting the shows on Youtube, but if it doesn't benefit you at all, I'll just get right to the good stuff. Thanks very much for all you do - the show, the podcast, and all of your advocacy work.

Yeah, a big benefit to us. We get a share of that advertising revenue. Thanks for the ping so that all our subscribers/viewers know that this helps us.

Do you get anything from us watching the commercials that appear before/during/after an episode? I figured it has to benefit you somehow (watching vs. "skip ad"), so I always let the commercial play through figuring it's the least I can do to thank you for putting the shows on Youtube, but if it doesn't benefit you at all, I'll just get right to the good stuff.

For the skippable pre-, mid-, and post-video ads, it only counts as an ad impression for us if you watch the entire ad, or at least 30 seconds, whichever is shorter. While we appreciate all of the ad revenue that we get, don't feel bad about skipping an ad if you really want to see the video. I'd rather have you be a happy subscriber that returns to the channel.

(For reference, while we're not going to be internet millionaires anytime soon, to date YouTube has at least produced enough revenue to cover the modest podcasting equipment we purchased earlier in the year.)

While we appreciate all of the ad revenue that we get, don't feel bad about skipping an ad if you really want to see the video. I'd rather have you be a happy subscriber that returns to the channel.

No worries there - I can't get Randy's show any other way and I hate being a freeloader. This way I feel like I'm contributing something to the cause. We all win :)

Been Deployed now for 6 months and have watched ALL BUT 5 of your videos on Youtube. Keep it up and I can't wait to be home so I can watch it on tv when a new episode airs

Back