MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wyoming is slow this year posting NR Elk draw results?

npaden

What's up with Wyoming posting draw results?

I went back looked and they posted them on Thursday the 24th last year.

They are still showing on their website that they will be posted on the 28th which is the listed deadline, I don't know if they have ever waited that long to post results before.

Anyone know if they decided that we all need to wait this year?

Anyone with some insider knowledge?

Thanks, Nathan

Any back door type sleuthing that can be done this year?

Just checked my points and my credit card (checking for a refund) and nothing is showing up.

I went back and looked back to 2012 and the fastest they've ever posted was on the 20th which they've done several times. The slowest ever was the 26th in 2015.

Last year they posted on 25th, but if you look at the draw odds they were dated 2/19/16 so there is no doubt the draw is already complete, they are just waiting to publish the results.

I'm still hoping maybe the results will be out tomorrow but generally they would have updated the website with the new date by now if that was the case.

As Paden noted, they used to post earlier than the published date, was hoping they would do the same this year but apparently will not. My UT license expires March 1, and the WY results will determine what I apply for, so I was hoping for something before the 28th also.

I would get used to it, there is talk of pushing the elk draw results back to the pronghorn and deer dates for NR. IMHO that makes Wyoming compete for people's money with other states as far as Elk goes. Could change things a little but probably not much.

It is nice for planning, knowing early if Wyoming elk is on the table or not before most other draws are due.

Straight from the Wyoming Game and Fish Website.

DRAW RESULTS: Nonresident elk; resident/nonresident spring turkey results will be available at 10:00am on February 28, 2017.

Straight from the Wyoming Game and Fish Website.

DRAW RESULTS: Nonresident elk; resident/nonresident spring turkey results will be available at 10:00am on February 28, 2017.

Yes, it has said that many times before and then they have always posted earlier. Hence the third sentence in my original post that says "They are still showing on their website that they will be posted on the 28th which is the listed deadline, I don't know if they have ever waited that long to post results before."

I'm just whining about it.

After they jacked up the draw results trying to rush to get them out a few years ago...I wouldn't ever expect early results again.

Careful. You might get a lump of coal in your stocking.
I've found that I get so dang excited for draw results...like Christmas when you're 5 years old. However, grown up Christmas usually results in just a lump of coal for this guy :(

I went back and looked back to 2012 and the fastest they've ever posted was on the 20th which they've done several times. The slowest ever was the 26th in 2015.

Last year they posted on 25th, but if you look at the draw odds they were dated 2/19/16 so there is no doubt the draw is already complete, they are just waiting to publish the results.

I'm still hoping maybe the results will be out tomorrow but generally they would have updated the website with the new date by now if that was the case.

Nope the draw is not done yet. It will be posted on the 28th.

New to the forum scene and this site

Enjoy the info I have read here.i am new to all this technology stuff but consider myself a pretty experienced outdoorsman.i enjoy reloading,hunting,trapping,camping,and shooting among all outside activity.hope I may give help to any in need of I can.that to me is what it's all about.Thanks to all who poste here regularly.
My son and I just drew elk tags in northern part of WY unit 51 above sunlight Crandall
.hope the winter is more kind to wildlife for rest of this season .

Yes, it has said that many times before and then they have always posted earlier. Hence the third sentence in my original post that says "They are still showing on their website that they will be posted on the 28th which is the listed deadline, I don't know if they have ever waited that long to post results before."

yes, my post was directed to those post staying by the 28th.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back