PEAX Equipment

Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

I recently activated the South Dakota state layers. I am unable to see landowner information (SD Private Lands layer is turned on and at 0% transparency).

I've logged out and back in, toggled the layer on and off and nothing seems to work.

Land ownership in other states is working as per normal.

This is the case both in the Web app as well as mobile (current version 4.4.0)

EDIT: Landowner info is starting to fill in, but it ends a county or two short of where I am looking

Last edited:
Really like the roadless feature of the app. It basically confirmed what I experienced and suspected this hunt season. Question I have for the onxmaps team, is it possible to add a custom feature to allow you to adjust the sensitivity of roadlessness? For instance an area I hunt literally has no roadless areas showing on the onx layer. It would be great to decrease the sensitivity or distance to the nearest road in order to find the most roadless area. Hope this makes sense.

The only adjustment you are able to make to the layer is the Transparency in the Layer Settings (transparency at 0 makes the layer most visible, turning the transparency up makes the layer less visible). But as far as where the Roadless areas are located, that is locked into place. We appreciate the feedback and I'll pass that along to our team to see what we can do about that.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Will the chip work in a factory ford pickup navigation system??

The Hunt Chips are only compatible with Garmin GPS units that have a color screen and accept a Micro SD card. If you tried to use it in the pickup navigational system it would likely tell you to format the card which would delete everything off of the chip.

Any chance onxmaps will clean up their Colorado State Land layer so that it shows state lands with public access versus closed state trust lands? There are shapfiles available from the state that depict which are which and this should be a easy import and symbology change.

We are looking into the ability to import additional file types such as shapefiles so you can easily identify those lands.

I recently activated the South Dakota state layers. I am unable to see landowner information (SD Private Lands layer is turned on and at 0% transparency).
I've logged out and back in, toggled the layer on and off and nothing seems to work.
Land ownership in other states is working as per normal.
This is the case both in the Web app as well as mobile (current version 4.4.0)
EDIT: Landowner info is starting to fill in, but it ends a county or two short of where I am looking

South Dakota has been one of those states that has been difficult to obtain the property lines and owner information so there are some counties not covered at this time. We do have an update coming out this year that will add many counties with that information. You can check out this map for our current coverage https://www.onxmaps.com/parcel-coverage

South Dakota has been one of those states that has been difficult to obtain the property lines and owner information so there are some counties not covered at this time. We do have an update coming out this year that will add many counties with that information. You can check out this map for our current coverage https://www.onxmaps.com/parcel-coverage

Thanks. Couldn't find that page through my searching, but that was the conclusion I was drawing and appreciate the confirmation. Looking forward to the update for our 2018 trip. In the meantime we will bust out the old dog-eared plat book :)

Whats the best option to be able to see property line overlays on my iphone, computer and a GPS? I currently don't own a GPS but want to get one that is compatible with onX...

suggestions...

The ability to turn off the full "date" dataset with one tick box.
Grouping data by custom folders would be beneficial as well.

Whats the best option to be able to see property line overlays on my iphone, computer and a GPS? I currently don't own a GPS but want to get one that is compatible with onX...

To see the property information on your iphone, then all you will need is the app, an active membership, and to download the maps for offline use. Then you'll be able to see the property boundaries on your phone. If you want it on a GPS unit, then you'll need a Hunt Chip and a Garmin GPS unit that has a color screen and accepts micro SD cards. Check out this page for a compatibility list https://onxmapssupport.zendesk.com/...1008-Is-my-GPS-compatible-with-the-Hunt-Chip-

suggestions...

The ability to turn off the full "date" dataset with one tick box.
Grouping data by custom folders would be beneficial as well.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely pass that along to our team as we are always looking to add features and improve the app!

Not sure if this has been covered or suggested before, but is there a way to convert the Line measurement units from miles to yards or feet?

Not sure if this has been covered or suggested before, but is there a way to convert the Line measurement units from miles to yards or feet?

We're looking into that as a setting but right now it will default to the current measurement (miles). On the app it will measure in feet until it hits .5 miles then it will switch to miles

The app worked great this year. Previously i was as bad as anyone complaining the app failed out in the field.

Map downlaods for offline use seems much faster and easier, and the app always showed my offline maps without any glitches.

a couple suggetsions. Add a feature where you can see the distance measurement from current location with a single touch of the screen. That would be a lot better and faster than having to go to map tools and start a line measurement process. Often we just want to know ‘how far’ so why not make that fast easy? Same as is available on touch screen GPS units.

Add USGS topo maps as a map layer option? They are great maps and are super easy to decipher in varying lighting conditions...

Great work onthe updates since last fall!!! As soon as I am able to transfer my 15 years of waypoints and tracks as GPX files onto my phone will be a banner day. That is the primary missing element IMO.

Last edited:
Import is available now.
Import the data into the web map using the same login as the phone and it will sync with that phone. I've had to import all the data in GPX format. If I import tracks as kml into the web map, OnX will display the distance between each point of the track. With hundreds of points per track it cripples the web map. GPX tracks come in great.

Last edited:
I already have a premium subscription for Wyoming, can I add an additional state to my smart phone?

At this time, the only options for memberships are the Premium single state, or Elite all 50 state membership. If you do want to add a state, you will need to upgrade to the Elite at this time. If you do upgrade, it will prorate the amount based on how much time you have left on your membership so it will not charge you the full Elite price one top of what you already paid as long as you purchase through the same source that you originally purchased.

The app worked great this year. Previously i was as bad as anyone complaining the app failed out in the field.

Map downlaods for offline use seems much faster and easier, and the app always showed my offline maps without any glitches.
a couple suggetsions. Add a feature where you can see the distance measurement from current location with a single touch of the screen. That would be a lot better and faster than having to go to map tools and start a line measurement process. Often we just want to know ‘how far’ so why not make that fast easy? Same as is available on touch screen GPS units.
Add USGS topo maps as a map layer option? They are great maps and are super easy to decipher in varying lighting conditions...
Great work onthe updates since last fall!!! As soon as I am able to transfer my 15 years of waypoints and tracks as GPX files onto my phone will be a banner day. That is the primary missing element IMO.

Thanks for the support and feedback! We are working on a "Go-to" feature that will show you the distance between your location and the waypoint which will be quicker than drawing a line but I will also pass that suggestion along to our team as well to see if we can make it even easier. We are working on updating our current Topo map that is going to add similar features to the USGS topo map as well as even more! Making it the most comprehensive Topo map out there so be on the lookout for that in the near future. As WapitiBob mentioned, you can import those GPX files right now! You will import them on our Web Viewer then that content will automatically transfer to your phone. Here is a tutorial on how that process works https://onxmapssupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002196452-Importing-waypoints-tracks-lines-and-shapes-into-Web-Map

Is there a way to change the time of year of the satellite view? The canopy makes it very difficult to see many roads and trails and being able to change the imagery from July to November would be a huge help in that department!

I just bought the Garmin Fenix 5x watch. It has GPS and color topo maps. Now I don't have to pack a GPS!
The only reason I take my phone is to use my on x maps. If They could create an app that would sync with my Garmin Fenix that would be awesome!!! As these watches grow in popularity is this even possible to achieve?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back