$1,149.84

It doesn't answer my question at all. So according to the video the wildlife is an asset held in trust by the state for the states citizens. So why can the states citizens graze/browse their assets on land held by every American citizen not just state citizens and not compensate the rest of the American citizens for it since the wildlife is an asset according to Randy? If only the states citizens get to enjoy that asset why should the other 49 states citizens allow those assets on their land? The American citizens could have more livestock grazing on their lands if a states assets wasn't competing with them. And since Americans get compensated for each head of livestock that is grazing on federal lands why would we want to let citizens of a state graze its assets for free and cut down on the revenue that we could potentially make on our land?

And buzz just because you know everything and are a genius doesn't mean you have to be a condescending something or other. And I'm sorry but Randy isn't my hero. That's the first video I've ever watched of his.

With a quick google I didn't notice where it was in the constitution that states citizens get free grazing/browsing rights of their assets on lands held by all Americans.

It should have answered your question and to tack on to what Randy provided you, there is also legal precedent that the Federal Government has routinely taken a limited view on its authority to regulate wildlife on NF and BLM lands. However, there is some recognized legal standing in how the Federal Government deals with wildlife based on constitutional authority...through its right to enter into treaties with other nations, the commerce clause, and also the property clause.

You may also want to research Attorney General Knox and his legal opinion on the Forest Service's authority in regard to wildlife and its role in management.

Most of the Montana folks here have been involved in efforts to get MT resident fees to a level that reflects the value of the opportunity. We have done so and been subject to the wrath of politicians who say not only No, but Eff-NO! And the same person who is too busy to leave their personal name-embroidered barstool to do anything beneficial for hunting/conservation/access will leave the bar in a minute if they have the chance to bitch at a public session related to increased resident fees.

And when residents advocate for higher resident fees, the motivation is not as you asked, "to provide relief for non-residents," rather they do it to increase department funding for important things like game surveys, management plans, etc. And they do it to get resident fees to be more reflective of the amazing opportunity residents are provided. The usual end result of the effort pisses off the politicians and their local barfly pals, such that their next grand idea is to lay the leather to hunters, resident and non-resident, in some backhanded manner, as penalty for conjuring the idea of increasing resident fees.

Wish it was different.

This helps. It's too bad not everyone is as passionate about the resource as we are. I will keep buying to a point. However, I'm a bit perplexed why I buy a hunting liscense and end up paying additional $$ for a fishing license I didn't want and then get stiffed for additional fees to fight aquatic invasive species resulting from the said fishing liscense I never wanted in the first place. Again, I think the NR is a convenient cash cow. I'm not surprised the slime bucket politicians feel that way. It's too bad other hunters feel that way as well....at least that's what I gather from some of the comments on this thread.

This has been really stimulating but the real question is how much longer until we find out if we drew so we can talk about who's going hunting and how many bullets sniper school is taking to the Custer if we draw? And what we're cooking and drinking and if we're going to have a region 7 rende

Like many other members I refuse to try opening a new tab and using Google

This helps. It's too bad not everyone is as passionate about the resource as we are. I will keep buying to a point. However, I'm a bit perplexed why I buy a hunting liscense and end up paying additional $$ for a fishing license I didn't want and then get stiffed for additional fees to fight aquatic invasive species resulting from the said fishing liscense I never wanted in the first place. Again, I think the NR is a convenient cash cow. I'm not surprised the slime bucket politicians feel that way. It's too bad other hunters feel that way as well....at least that's what I gather from some of the comments on this thread.

This is exactly what I'm pissed about. It is crazy I've never once wet a line in Montana and probably never will yet I'm paying these stupid #as fees I don't want nor need. Seems here lately every year it's some bs

This is exactly what I'm pissed about. It is crazy I've never once wet a line in Montana and probably never will yet I'm paying these stupid #as fees I don't want nor need. Seems here lately every year it's some bs

Good reason for it...but I've a feeling the facts will fly over pointed heads.

It is ridiculous! As a Montana resident. I can buy a Sportsmans (Including Bear) License for $85. That's elk, deer, bear, upland birds, fishing, conservation and state land licenses.

Disgusting that Montana stiffs the non-resident that hard.... Id spend more than $85 dollars to archery and gun hunt just deer and bear in Minnesota. If I drew a elk tag, got a small game license and fishing, id easily double that. Montana is just letting the non-resident foot the bill..

that's alot of typing in this thread and it's not going too solve anything....... it is, the way it is..... until next season when the same thread
comes up again.... LOL
Matt

that's alot of typing in this thread and it's not going too solve anything....... it is, the way it is..... until next season when the same thread
comes up again.... LOL
Matt

+++1 on that every year! Until people actually do quit and are priced out it's happening at a much quicker pace I think than we realize for out of staters. In the end it is terrible for the future sportsman/wildlife no doubt in my mind.

My wife and I just moved into Bozeman last August and I can honestly say my room mate i had back at Illinois state University was from San Diego and I was comparing prices with him (in the area of which he lived) and we came to the conclusion that Bozeman has an even more expensive cost of living. My wife loves to hike and run in the mountains but she constantly is reminding me as well that both of us took a pay cut that far exceeds the cost of nonresident tags. MT is amazing compared to the corrupt state of IL where our income was taxed nearly 32% prior to being married and the sales tax which I'm thankful MT doesn't have. Big Fin is right. People make financial sacrifices to enjoy the mountains. Comparing the realestate market here to the 3 states I have lived in prior MN, WI and IL. My mortgage here for a 3 bed 2 bath condo is more than what i was paying for a 3 story house back in IL with a 5 acre lot. Bozeman has plentiful jobs with a growing town, but sometimes i wish I would have moved to central MT or eastern MT to have a cheaper cost of living but jobs in those small towns are hard to come by and don't pay much. Once my wife fisnishes up school I think we will be getting out of Bozeman.

Those two acts which are so highly critical to wildlife, fisheries and fowl are deserving of capitalization. PRDJ!

This helps a bit as i didn't know if was some stupid social media acronym. An easier way would have been just to write it out. But I guess certain folks always have to make it hard to have a civil discussion and educate. My quick refresher research on Details of Pittman Robertson Act provided me the answer I was looking for; 75% of qualified projects are reimbursed by the Federal Government by the monies collected by the act and the rest come from the state from revenue based on liscense sales. If I interpreted correctly this answers my original question and I for one no longer have a problem with having the fishing liscense and AIS fee tacked on to a hunting tag. Thank you! I appreciate the education.

This helps a bit as i didn't know if was some stupid social media acronym. An easier way would have been just to write it out. But I guess certain folks always have to make it hard to have a civil discussion and educate. My quick refresher research on Details of Pittman Robertson Act provided me the answer I was looking for; 75% of qualified projects are reimbursed by the Federal Government by the monies collected by the act and the rest come from the state from revenue based on liscense sales. If I interpreted correctly this answers my original question and I for one no longer have a problem with having the fishing liscense and AIS fee tacked on to a hunting tag. Thank you! I appreciate the education.

Sorry man, its been well beyond busy today.

The reason that MT and other states often throw in fishing, small game, and bird licenses is to collect addition PRDJ funding.

Sorry man, its been well beyond busy today.

The reason that MT and other states often throw in fishing, small game, and bird licenses is to collect addition PRDJ funding.

No worries. I appreciate the education. I realize folks are busy and I'm fine doing research as it helps me retain the info. You have a lot to offer the rest of us. Trained properly, we can build an army of public land and wildlife advocates better equipped to help you fight the good fight. This site can and should be a resource to help accomplish that mission.

As a side note, other states do things way different making it hard to understand the rationale of other states. MN for example, sells all its' liscenses individually unless you deliberately choose to do otherwise and buy a Sportsman's Combo. We also draw PR funds, although not to the same extent as MT, WY...etc.

In the end, it's all about perspective until properly educated. So again, thanks for clarifying.

Applying elk deer combo with BPpurchase and elk archery limited app and deer rifle limited with pref point purchase. Total in my cart is $1145.

Am am I supposed to add conservation and bow and arrow fees up front today or later on if draw?

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back