Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

6.5 cm hate?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
I don't care if you love it or hate it, for me, the most egregious thing in hunting today is calling it a "Creedmore." It is "Creedmoor." (sarcasm, btw)
Now, as to accuracy it IS the most accurate caliber available to the civilian market.
All 3 shot groups ...
IMG953808.jpg
620 yards, 1"
IMG953687.jpg
1,225 yards, 2.25"
IMG950037001.jpg
1 mile, 9"

Now, if that isn't enough to convince you to go buy yourself a Creedmoor (or a second one), well .......
[video=youtube;SgahRNg8HZ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgahRNg8HZ0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
Now, as to accuracy it IS the most accurate caliber available to the civilian market.

The 6.5CM IS a very accurate, useful and popular cartridge, but world record accuracy holders at 300y, 600y and 1000y are shooting 6mmBR (and its variants), 6.5x47 Lapua, .284 Win, 6.5-284 , etc.

I am now thoroughly convinced that the 6.5 CM is a modern day .250-3000 with the "long haired hippy" substituted for a man-bun.

This thread sucks and it should die. I don't care what cartridge you want to shoot at this point.

Personally i have no issues with the 6.5 Creed. It's a great cartridge for it's intended purpose. That being to fit a long heavy match bullit in an AR magazine.
That was the sole intent for it's creation.
It is no more or less accurate than any other cartridge out there.

My issue is the hyperbole that is associated with it.
It does not perform any better or worse than cartridges such as the 6.5X55, 260 Rem, or the 6.5mm Mauser. All of which are older.
We are re-inventing the square wheel, thumping our chests and proclaiming it's the greatest thing under the sun.

I'll stick with my 257 Roberts, 250 Savage 280 Rem, and 284 Win.

There's nothing a 6.5cm can do that my 25-06 can't. High BC, high speed, flat shooting, a tried and true caliber that isn't a fad, and I can still shoot it long distance.

the 6.5cm is from what i read a fantastic round, it's definitely not a do all round though. it's got light recoil, accurate, but built for deer sized game out to 500 yards, past that, one is asking for trouble. yes, people have taken and shot it out to a 1000 yards, but a 243, 7mm-08, 308, has been used to do the same thing, but have you ever seen or heard of anyone taking a game animal out that far using a either of those calibers? i know i haven't, nor would i ever attempt it. can you use the 6.5cm for elk? yes, but within reasonable distances, say 300 yards or less. if looking for big game,( i.e. elk, bear, etc.) and or long range hunting round, i'm sorry but there are better choices to be had, but if your looking for a light recoiling, accurate hunting round for deer sized game, the 6.5 cm isn't a bad choice.

7mm-08, Howa over and over by the guy running this forum because he's being paid to push these things

7mm-08, Howa over and over by the guy running this forum because he's being paid to push these things

BigFin is one of the most straight forward and least pushy promoters in the outdoors field today. Nobody makes money off a cartridge type, and a lot of gun brands get love on this forum (god people love their x-bolts, and I love my tikkas and Rem700s are everywhere). With your weeks of tenure on the forum and your baker's dozen posts, seems an awfully bold and snotty take on your part.

Last edited:
BigFin is one of the most straight forward and least pushy promoters in the outdoors field today. No body makes money off a cartridge type, and a lot of gun brands get love on this forum (god people love their x-bolts, and I love my tikkas and Rem700s are everywhere). With your weeks of tenure on the forum and your baker's dozen posts, seems an awfully bold and snotty take on your part.

Maybe it's just me, saw some humor here. Too much fun - couldn't resist.....
matt-foley.jpg

Yes, and how dare someone have the stones to promote the 6.5 how dare hornady to get people to buy another gun or more ammo because they want a 6.5 what is this world coming to

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back