Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Gofundme to Skew Grizzly Drawings

Wonder if you can sign up and then go hunting anyway? How could they stop you? Get your tag covered that way. I saw one donation was for $6K!!!!!!

I didn't apply for the tag, but if anyone did, does Wyoming require a hunter safety certificate # up front? I can't remember if they required it when I did my Sportsperson ID. I know Colorado required it upfront.

If it becomes an issue WyoG&F could just require proof of hunter safety upfront for those that require it. I can't imagine more than maybe of a handful of the anti's would be willing to sit through a couple days of hunter safety. A possible way to weed some of these folks out.

I wonder how much money those people actually contribute to species and habitat conservation. I guess that is too much of a novel idea for some folks, but not most hunters.

If successful, this may be the first verifiable contribution of any size to wildlife conservation by an anti hunting group.

But since you need hunters safety to get a license, I doubt they’ll have much success. I do wonder... is this legal? If they aren’t eligible to apply, Is it legal to collect thousands of dollars of other people’s moneys for a cause that you are legally restricted from participating in?
I bet people have been arrested for a lot less.

I thanked them for supporting the north american model of wildlife conservation. Their $15 non-refundable fees will be appreciated.

Imagine what the world would be like if they put this amount of effort towards something worthwhile... Imagine the possibilities!!!!

I wonder how quickly the state of Wyoming will have a suit filed against them when someone gets mauled by a bear while taking pictures...

Last edited:
Unfortunately you can obtain a hunters safety card in some states with just online classes so that could be done in a day in many cases and for less than $30.

Well, for starters, If I was the fish and wildlife I would just cross-refrence the names on the donor list and throw those people out of the drawing if they have applied....

Unfortunately you can obtain a hunters safety card in some states with just online classes so that could be done in a day in many cases and for less than $30.

If other states are anything like PA's online course it's not that easy. My gf did it and each slide is timed so you just can't blow through the slides and class, it took a good bit of time if I recall.

So can a fella toss these guys $10, then apply and have them pay for the tag? Sounds like an easy way to make that $6k price tag for NR happen. How could they stop you from actually hunting lol. ��

Wonder if you can sign up and then go hunting anyway? How could they stop you? Get your tag covered that way. I saw one donation was for $6K!!!!!!

That would be pure genius! Wish I would of thought about it. You would need to use a fake FB account with stock photos because can you imagine the haters and threatening messages you would get.

IMO the drawing to be on a list, which requires only a few $ up front, will have terrible odds. And even if you are higher up the list as Buzz pointed out with only 1-2 hunters in the field at a time, and short time period to hunt, it's likely a sow gets shot and only a few lucky folks on that list will even get to hunt. Very doubtful 10+ bears are killed on this part of the hunt.

The good odds will be for the actual tag drawing for those who fronted the $. Those folks will get to hunt but requires the $ up front, which most people do not have. But I doubt is many of these anti folks will be in this particular draw due to fronting 6k $ as NR's. Might be possible for NR's to sponsor residents with $600, but $6,000 is getting to be enough money to stop 95%+ of people.

This makes me upset, why didn't I think of this first. For a cause of low odds of drawing and lots of money. $13k at the moment. Tag is 6k to give to someone not to shoot a bear... remaining I'll buy new gear. No tag drawn, I have 13k for new gear! It's an individual they are supposed to trust with dishing out the funds, I need to think faster sometimes. Funny it takes a 'tragedy' in their mind to raise money, rather than donate on a regular basis for habitat improvements or land conservation group. So much money is wasted.

"Beyond the Grizzly Bear, this fund will also cover future hunting/trapping license costs to Shoot'em With A Camera for all Wild Life Conservation in Wyoming. Such as Wolves, Mountain Lions, Beavers, etc."

looks like they're just stock piling for a retirement

Be interested to see how long the page stays up. GoFundMe only allows fundraising for legitimate purposes. You need hunters safety to get a griz tag. Wolves and I imagine lions? Are a quota based animal so getting a tag does nothing to achieve their goal. This is a gimmick to pocket some money.

Looking into this.... GoFundMe takes this stuff pretty serious (they have to or the government will shut them down) and will seek criminal prosecution if they believe it is a crime.

Back