What broadhead do you use?

Started using Dirt Nap DRT this year n really liked the way they perform. Like the old style 2 blade w/ the bleeders like the old Bear razorheads, they fly great out to 90 w/ my Bowtech Experience, n they make a great blood trail; no elk this year but multiple deer n hogs, they hold up great; shot an 80lb pig late one evening n didn't feel like tracking in the brush after dark so I shot her behind the ear n had a clean pass through the spine w/ the broadhead holding up fine. The owner says any damaged heads they will replace no cost.

Had to try the Carbon Express F-15 fixed blade, even though I no longer shoot carbon express arrows. Was looking for a heavy, small diameter arrow and Black Eagle had what I was looking for. Wanted to see how well they flew. Damn good. Getting tougher if not impossible to find so I may have to switch. But it leaves a helluva hole. After issues I've had with mechanical, I see no benefits to them compared to any fixed blade.

QAD Exodus - so freaking sharp you need leather gloves just to get them out of the package. fly very well at longer ranges. have killed two elk and a deer in the past two years with them. nasty little suckers. I never found the arrow from either elk, one was quartering to me, shot in front of the leg, and the other was broadside, and the arrow kept on flying way out the other side. they are sweet. just be careful, they come with swept blades that some states consider as "barbed", but you can buy the full blade version as well.

I use Rage Hypodermic +P's and love them. I use 100gr with a 50gr brass insert which provides an epic punch. Ive used them for deer, pig and elk and don't use anything else unless state regulations state so (i.e. Idaho). In that case I typically go Muzzy's. The best part about the Hypos is that they literally fly exactly like your field point. Since switching to them, it has been a dream with regard to tuning. The amount of headache that it takes to get fixed blades to fly well is completely gone with the Rage's. Plus, they dig an absolute trench through whatever they hit.

I like to tinker. Here is what I have used over the last 8 years since I have bow hunted hard.

Muzzy 100 grain. My 11 year old killed a 5 point with a Muzzy 75 grain shooting about 35lbs. He got a complete pass through.
Slick trick 100
Dirt Knap 100 -- I really like these for a fix blade. They have a lifetime warranty and come with a 25 grain collar.
Magnus Black Hornet -- Similar to the DRT. Probably a little sturdier blade no collar.
NAP Hellrazor
NAP Killzone -- One of the best design mechanical
Rage Hyperdermics
G5 T3 -- Killed my biggest buck with this head. It didn't open. It is one I wouldn't use again.

I am sure there may be a few more in there. Honestly if they fly right and you put them where you are suppose to they all work.

I too have tried most of the broadheads on the market. I stopped my search.

Wasp Drone for fixed blade
Wasp Jakhammer for mechanical
Sharpest blades out of the package, very affordable, and TOUGH! Watch the torture tests done by antler geeks

I always use fixed blade; for turkey, usually Muzzy MX-3 100 grain and anything else; Boltcutter 150 grain broadheads on my 120 pound crossbow.

Back