Cooper 92 300 win mag

My initial thought was, when is noharleyyet buying that rifle.

Sweet rifle. You will make some one very happy and minus a few dollars!

I am not that fanatic, but even I am tempted!

Hope the rifle and future rifle are happy together!

Well played Griz.....let us know how it rides.

....you saved me a couple grand. ; )

Been looking at scopes again today, I think I'm narrowing it down and then I can start working up a load.

I'll post target pics when I have them.

Nice, grizzly. Much to like about a rifle of that weight in a serious cartridge. No 6.5 required. Let us know how it does. mtmuley

Nice, grizzly. Much to like about a rifle of that weight in a serious cartridge. No 6.5 required. Let us know how it does. mtmuley

Agreed. And that's a 3.5-18x44 scope, so its not a lightweight, but I wanted full performance out of it.

I went and shot a bunch of different hand loads with varying loads of Nosler Accubonds, Barnes TSX, and Berger CH. The first load of the day was some 180gr Accubonds that shot .458". At the end of the day, I had two other loads at .559" and .655".

I love the Accubonds for a hunting bullet, which this gun is intended to be, but was concerned that the first group being the best was because the barrel was coolest and cleanest so I shot another group at the end of the day and it came in at .480". I'm sure I could adjust seating depth and grains of powder and tighten that up more, but it's already more accurate than I could be in the field and seems to be forgiving to different gun conditions so I'm just going to stick with it.

The problem is that I got home to clean the gun and found this...

20170806_122537.jpg

I emailed Cooper and they called me today to say I could ship the rifle up and they'd replace the stock, but I think I'm just going to leave early Friday morning and drive it up so they can fix it the same day (plus we can have dinner at Montana Ale Works in Bozeman while we're there). My wife drew a Utah Desert Bighorn tag for this fall and I want to be totally sure the gun is fixed and back home ASAP. I'll let you know how it goes.

Back