Stock Painting Project Complete

I never even thought of doing this! I'll have to try that on my Savage. Thanks for the post and the idea. It turned out great.

IMG_0100.jpg
Here is my model 7 7-08. I used basically the same paints you did except for the khaki color and webbed paint. After one season of use it has held up well. The scope is off because it's headed to the smith for a trigger job and ceracoating.

Fantastic patterns on those weapons. I tend to set things down and they get covered with snow as am breaking a critter down or they blend into the ground as get up from glassing. I need to paint over all my camo and black stuff so is bright. Maybe orange? Or pink, so nobody covets thy things.

I wonder how it would turn out to do both grit and webbing?

Fantastic patterns on those weapons. I tend to set things down and they get covered with snow as am breaking a critter down or they blend into the ground as get up from glassing. I need to paint over all my camo and black stuff so is bright. Maybe orange? Or pink, so nobody covets thy things.

When I was doing mechanic work between stints in the military I would buy everything with pink handles so no one would take it :cool:

I wonder how it would turn out to do both grit and webbing?

I did this with my T3 super lite. I just went over the grit with another coat of paint then did the webbing, and finished with the matte clear. It has plenty of texture to it. I really like MinnesotaHunters stock, the next one I do may be like that.

Looks great. My next project is a coyote/black web.

That marbleizing spray is hard to find. I actually found it in an Ace Hardware and bough all 3 cans there.

Andy

Craft stores usually carry the web paint. We have Michael's locally (kind of). Hobby stores also. mtmuley

I did this one awhile ago. Still holding up well after many trips. Have a Ruger that needs a paint job but haven't decided on a pattern yet.
IMG_00021.jpg

Craft stores usually carry the web paint. We have Michael's locally (kind of). Hobby stores also. mtmuley

It has been my experience that the web paint is near impossible to find anymore and that Krylon stopped making it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong; but, that is what my research from a couple of years ago yielded. If you can find the marbelizing, nab it. It is nearly the same thing anyway. I bought mine for a good price at misterart.com. Their customer service was great too. I bought 6 cans. One arrived defective. When I contacted them about the defective can, they immediately shipped me another.

It has been my experience that the web paint is near impossible to find anymore and that Krylon stopped making it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong; but, that is what my research from a couple of years ago yielded. If you can find the marbelizing, nab it. It is nearly the same thing anyway. I bought mine for a good price at misterart.com. Their customer service was great too. I bought 6 cans. One arrived defective. When I contacted them about the defective can, they immediately shipped me another.

I had a heck of time finding the marble paint. And I'm in Sacramento. Bought the 3 cans I found at ACE.

Very nice looking stocks. On the grit texture do you still clear coat it or would that defeat the purpose of the grit spray?

Very nice looking stocks. On the grit texture do you still clear coat it or would that defeat the purpose of the grit spray?

I have used Brownells Matte Clear Aluma-Hyde II (spray-on epoxy pain) as overcoat on mine and they've not canceled out the grit:

I like doing NULA-style stripes too:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back