Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

In or out on WY moose and sheep points?

I have 19 NR points and I think I’m out. Going forward I believe I’d rather invest my money in a mule deer or elk hunt.

I have 19 NR points and I think I’m out. Going forward I believe I’d rather invest my money in a mule deer or elk hunt.

What?? If anyone should stay in it should be you. I have 13 and I should probably bail or try for a cow tag. I have a buddy with 16 points that would apply as a group with me to average up but I am not sure if WY does that thing where if a group of 2 draw a unit with one tag allocated they would still give 2 tags. Can anyone confirm this?

What?? If anyone should stay in it should be you. I have 13 and I should probably bail or try for a cow tag. I have a buddy with 16 points that would apply as a group with me to average up but I am not sure if WY does that thing where if a group of 2 draw a unit with one tag allocated they would still give 2 tags. Can anyone confirm this?

Pretty sure no party applications for moose and sheep in Wyoming.

Just a reminder that if you plan to get in, you’re running out of time.

I’m in on sheep. I know that if i ever get to go into the Thorofare it will be worth every $150 i ever spent.

Been out a while on moose and sheep. Good luck to those who stay in. I enjoy hunting Wyoming.

I’m out on non-resident moose. But it’s easier for me to say as I bought my first point last year. I’m in for the long haul on deer, antelope, and elk. I figure I’ll need that moose point money for deer, elk, and/or antelope when they inevitability increase the prices of those points by more than the few dollars they bumped them this year.

I dropped out of sheep when the preference point went to $100. In hindsight, I probably should have stayed in, but since I did not, I am not going to start over. I got lucky this year and drew a moose tag (17 points going in to the draw).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back