Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Ask your onX Hunt questions here!

Is there a way to change the time of year of the satellite view? The canopy makes it very difficult to see many roads and trails and being able to change the imagery from July to November would be a huge help in that department!

At this time, there is not an option to change the satellite imagery. We get those from a 3rd party and depending on where you are at as well as how far you are zoomed in will affect when those images were taken.

I just bought the Garmin Fenix 5x watch. It has GPS and color topo maps. Now I don't have to pack a GPS!
The only reason I take my phone is to use my on x maps. If They could create an app that would sync with my Garmin Fenix that would be awesome!!! As these watches grow in popularity is this even possible to achieve?

It could be! We are looking into options as technology continues to increase and open new opportunities.

Ability to share shapes and lines coming soon?

That is definitely something we are looking in to!
At this time, if you do want to share lines and shapes, you can select those to export, email them to who you want to share them with, then they can import them into their Web Map!

In the app, is there a way to filter which Walk-In-Areas are open to that specific species/hunt areas I'm after?

Little background on the question, I found a group of antelope in a WIA that I wanted to pursue. They were on public, great, and thankful that I clicked on the WIA on the app and it showed open to all species except the one I was after. Damn the luck. Thanks for any help.

In the app, is there a way to filter which Walk-In-Areas are open to that specific species/hunt areas I'm after?

Little background on the question, I found a group of antelope in a WIA that I wanted to pursue. They were on public, great, and thankful that I clicked on the WIA on the app and it showed open to all species except the one I was after. Damn the luck. Thanks for any help.

Hello, there is not an option to further filter that layer. However, if you tap that area, which it sounds like you did, then that is where the additional information will be. I'll pass this suggestion along to our team!

Not a question but as I was fooling around on the app today I came across the “Timber Cuts” feature. I am pumped about this app because I do a lot of hunting in the northwoods of Wisconsin and cuts are always a good area to find deer whether for browse or bedding. The feature also tells you when the cut was completed to help determine how old the cut is. I will be using this feature a lot this off season to do some cyber scouting! If anybody else is interested in this feature and do not know how to access it just let me know.

A timeline for adding the ability to save data/cache to the external sd on an Android? I'm using a 3rd party app on a rooted phone which allows me to save there, but that's not an option for the normal user.

A timeline for adding the ability to save data/cache to the external sd on an Android? I'm using a 3rd party app on a rooted phone which allows me to save there, but that's not an option for the normal user.

We do not have a timeline on that functionality but are looking into it!

Maybe I'm missing it but is there a way be able to tell if a road (specifically a FS road) is open or closed to motorized traffic based on the actual time you are looking at it?

Maybe my memory is failing, when I purchased my chip in 2014 I was under the impression to update it would cost a fraction of the original cost, I was enrolled into the onxmaps membership automatically, I looked into updating it recently and it didn't recognise my login details, I contacted them and was told I had to purchase the premium membership to update my chip, that doesn't seem right to me, but I guess I will have no option.
Have things changed over the years?
Thanks
Richard

Is there a way to sort area shapes, tracks, waypoints by name?

Hello, at this time, the only sorting you can do for markups (tracks, lines, shapes, waypoints) is by each specific markup or by date.
I will pass that along to our team as we are looking into additional options on sorting your markups.

Maybe I'm missing it but is there a way be able to tell if a road (specifically a FS road) is open or closed to motorized traffic based on the actual time you are looking at it?

There is the USFS Motor Vehicle Roads & Trails layer (MVUM) found in the Nationwide Layers tab that will show that information (when it's open specific to each type of vehicle)

Maybe my memory is failing, when I purchased my chip in 2014 I was under the impression to update it would cost a fraction of the original cost, I was enrolled into the onxmaps membership automatically, I looked into updating it recently and it didn't recognise my login details, I contacted them and was told I had to purchase the premium membership to update my chip, that doesn't seem right to me, but I guess I will have no option.
Have things changed over the years?
Thanks
Richard

Hello Richard, the first year of updates were included with the chip but after that first year you purchased individual updates at $29.99 a piece. Since last year, with an active membership you have access to as many updates as we release for your state. The single state Premium is $29.99/year so you are getting updates to your chip and access on the phone, tablet, and computer at that price now. If you have not had the Premium membership in the past, your account likely did not transfer from the old system to the new system so you would need to create a new account and purchase a membership. You can get 20% off your membership as well using code randy on our website www.onxmaps.com/hunt-app

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back