Rep Polis holding a public lands panel tonight (4/3)

rideold

I received the notification about this last week but was on vacation so I didn't get it on the radar until this morning.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW561sWmoFY and https://www.facebook.com/events/1070203333125014/

Doesn't look like any hunting of fishing representation.

Here's what the email contained:

Dear Friend:
Colorado's majestic public lands are an essential part of our western heritage and are important ecologically, commercially, and recreationally for our state. That's why I want you to participate in my Public Lands and Conservation Digital Panel on Monday, April 3, 2017 from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. MT.

"YouTube Live" Digital Roundtable with Rep. Jared Polis
Monday, April 3rd
6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. MT

You can join hundreds of participants and have the opportunity to ask experts questions about public lands, and how they improve our quality of life through recreation and job growth. You will also hear about the dangerous efforts to give away our public lands to the highest bidders.

I'll welcome special guest panelists from outstanding public land groups, including: The Wilderness Society, Outdoor Industry Association, Sierra Club - Colorado Chapter, and Conservation Colorado.

Is there a recording of the round table? Is it also on Youtube? Thanks a bunch

follow the youtube link above. I got about half way through the recording so far. I've heard hunting mentioned a few times, but don't think this is the main focus of the panel that is talking.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious link above. Funny I missed that.
I've been busy and gotten about halfway through also. Not sure exactly what to think about this. I need to finish before I say anything, but it could be an interesting 2nd half.

Drinking water, Wolves in RMNP, Front Range Fracking....
At least hunting was mentioned a few times by a couple of spokespersons.
I think that someone should mention the ratio of revenue comparing the all the recreational industries (skiing, biking, fishing, hunting, etc..) and help put in perspective how much each impacts our local/rural economies in CO.
Also, how has our recreational opportunities and low property taxes (adjacent to recreation) persuaded folks to pick living in this state over others?
Just some thoughts.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back