My wife's Goodwill find

Greyman

My wife found these at Goodwill. $5 apiece! I believe it is Sitka Ascend pants and Ascend jacket. Other than the care tag and Sitka symbols, I can't really tell what they are. Any Sitka experts out there?

I can hear the conversation now.
Husband "Honey do you know where my Sitka gear is?"
Wife "They are probably where ever you last left them."
Husband "They were right on top of those two plastic bags in the closet."
Wife "You mean my Goodwill pile? I took those to the Goodwill last weekend."
Husband "YOU DID WHAT?"

My wife donates and purchases at our local Goodwill stores. She has a list of things to look for I gave her. No great finds yet. mtmuley

I am a KUIU guy, but for $5 I can be persuaded. Heck triple that. I look all the time and never find anything like that.

What size are they?? I think I know someone that will pay double what you paid (I really will)

My size! Medium.
Yea, I think I'll keep them. I never really considered buying Sitka Gear because it was just too damn expensive. I can swing 10 bucks though. After looking at a lot of pictures and descriptions on the net, it looks like a Jetstream Light jacket and Ascend pants.

My wife donates and purchases at our local Goodwill stores. She has a list of things to look for I gave her. No great finds yet. mtmuley

Ditto. Although she did get a vacuum sealer for $3.00 once. It lasted 2 seasons so i guess that was a good find.

Husband "YOU DID WHAT?"

LOL, probably a lot of truth to this.

Great score! Around here anything camo is hanging on the rack with the fancy designer clothes and often priced above retail.

Husband "YOU DID WHAT?"

This happened to me a while back had a real nice North Face Gortex raincoat on the coat rack with the good will box next to it, well when the 5 year old kiddo pulled his coat off the rack it knocked my coat onto the box and the wife assumed it was for goodwill too.... we went back there several times the next day but were told that we never donated it... i think whoever collected our donation kept it for themselves

Good score on that gear! I'd bet money that got in the Goodwill pile on accident.

I sold an old Sitka shirt I hadn't worn in 8 years on the FB marketplace here in town maybe a couple months ago. You wanna get some guys fired up throw up a good deal on some Sitka and Kuiu gear. I sold off some nice stuff that I didn't like or use and replaced it with a couple better items that I do like. Win-win. Wife thinks I purged some gear & I got some new stuff.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back