Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Credit Card Issues

Bullshot

So today I had some fool somehow charge or attempt to charge a thousand dollars or more on my credit card, fraudulently. After dealing with the blocked card and closing that account, I realized that it was the same card I have on file for applications in WY, UT and elsewhere. I already know that WY owes me a refund to that card, and I am not sure what will happen now. Interestingly, Utah allows you to change the card on file for a particular application, so I did that too. Has anybody ever been burned by this wherein you had trouble getting a refund or were denied a tag if your credit card changes once you are already in the draw, or if payment is declined for some reason? That would be a bitter pill to draw a tag and then lose it when your card kicks it back... I would hope the states give you a chance to resolve it!

WY will mail you a check: "refund warrant" I think is what they call it, but you'll have to wait longer to get your money. It sounds like you've got UT figured out. If you applied in AZ you can update your card to a different one, so if you draw it will be paid by the new one. There's a deadline to do it, after that I think your SOL if your card is lost, stolen, etc.

My cc company sent me a new card last month due to fraud. Wyoming was able to issue my elk refund without any problems.

AZGFD is emailing every day warning to update cards which is nice. I don't have a good shot but ready and waiting on March 1st in case I get lucky.

I just got a fraudulent charge on my card that I found yesterday. CC company blocked my account on the 19th I believe. CC company did tell me WY credited my card just prior the fraud charge. Hopefully all works out for you.

Nevada will call you if payment is declined I had the same thing happen where I drew cow and mule deer I got a call from ndow asking if I had another card I was so appreciative for that.

So my Wyoming credit posted after all to my new credit card account (same issuer of course), even though it was originally put on the now-closed card. So that was smooth.

For those interested, this is the info from Utah.

"Credit card changes: If your credit card number changes after you apply, please contact Utah Wildlife Administrative Services at 800-221-0659 to update your information. You can also go online to change your credit card number.

Declined credit cards: What if my credit card declines when the permit fee is charged? Utah Wildlife Administrative Services will attempt to contact applicants by email and phone. If they can't reach you, they will send a letter with a payment deadline. If that deadline passes without the fee paid, we will offer your permit to someone else. If we can't reissue that permit, you may remain responsible for the fee."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back