Can I fly in to hunt in Wyoming?

TheWanderer

And does anyone know about the regulations depending on the type of land we land on?

Much appreciated.

I always thought a hot air balloon would be an interesting way to try. Sadly most of wyoming isnt real conducive to low wind flights.

Most bush planes only need a football field to land/takeoff might be hard to find one in wyoming tho.

Came to this thread expecting to assure someone that Wyoming is indeed civilized enough to have airports.

Most bush planes only need a football field to land/takeoff might be hard to find one in wyoming tho.

You can fly into an area (providing it is legal to land where you want to go) if you take a direct route to the landing site for the sole purpose of passenger transport and there is no attempt or intent to locate any game animal.

ClearCreek

Does anyone know if its legal to land on BLM or WY state land? Are there any rules on landing in fixed wing vs helicopter for either?

Does anyone know if its legal to land on BLM or WY state land? Are there any rules on landing in fixed wing vs helicopter for either?

For the answers to that question you should contact the BLM state office in Cheyenne and the Wyoming Office of State Lands and Investments also in Cheyenne.

ClearCreek

If you can legally drive a vehicle on it I see no reason why you couldn't land a plane on the same road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back