Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

NR Antelope Draw

hpollock45

Was wondering if anyone could give some insight on how the draw works for NR lopes. Been looking at the states website but am a little confused. To my knowledge it looks like you will always have a chance at an area due to the random draw? As small of a chance it may be. Also how do the 2nd and 3rd choices work? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

That is a great video and lays it all out there.

Basically, you will have some chance to draw nearly any pronghorn tag, the exception being if tag quotas are so limited that no tags are available in the random draw. For 2nd choice, if there are leftover tags following the satisfaction of everyone's first choice, those tags are then rolled into 2nd then 3rd choice if any left. All of this is available for review in the random draw odds PDF on the G&F website.

I suppose even a slim chance is better than no chance [tho I hear that a fat chance and a slim chance are the same thing] but you're better off trying where the chances aren't the slimmest so why waste your app fee. A lot of areas will get sold out in the first draw. Also check the resident draw odds too. Last year there were 480 resident type 2 tags available, but only 30 were first choice apps and only 49 resident tags were issued so that means that there were 431 tags rolled into the non-resident pool. Even after the PP and random draws there were still leftover tags. I can't imagine wasting 5 PPs on a draw in area 29. If you can get access, you're pretty much guaranteed a tag. If you contact game and fish they will tell you the exact draw results too.

Back