MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hello From California (don't hate me)

jlong17

Hey all!! I have every reason in the world for you to hate me... I'm a millennial from California! But I also have a few reasons to like me as well... I'm a God Fearing man, devoted husband, and brand new father to our adopted baby girl. I work as a fireman so I get lots of time to hike, fish, and more recently- hunt! I just started hunting last year, and was able to harvest a beautiful Mule Deer. I now have this burning desire to hunt elk. I just found out this morning that I was unsuccessful in the Wyoming Draw... not even a cow tag! My main motivation behind hunting is to provide fresh meat for my family. I don't have too many mentors in the hunting world, so if anyone has free advice- then I will certainly be receptive. My goal this year is to get a cow tag in an area with decent odds. Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to joining the group!!

(don't hate me). Hahaha

Welcome from Idaho. Plenty of over the counter cow elk tags here in the great state of Idaho. Congrats on the adoption, my wife and I have been trying the adoption route and it's been a struggle.

Welcome from another ex-Californian. I was raised in Siskiyou country (Northern NorCal or Baja Oregon as we called it).

Welcome from Norcal. My advice is don't wait on draws or stress over odds as a new hunter. Get out and hunt, Idaho OTC, Montana general draw and left over tags in other states, including Wyoming.

Idaho is actually pretty high on my list of places to learn and hunt. I have family that just moved to Hayden, and they love it! I know too well the ups and downs of going through an adoption... if there is anything I can do to help you out let me know. Faith and patience man, there is a child out there that will call you dad some day!!

(don't hate me). Hahaha

Welcome from Idaho. Plenty of over the counter cow elk tags here in the great state of Idaho. Congrats on the adoption, my wife and I have been trying the adoption route and it's been a struggle.

Welcome, I escaped California nearly 5 years ago. Someday I’m sure you’ll find your way out as well.

As for elk hunting here in Colorado there are always plenty of over the counter tags for second season and beyond. Drawing a tag is not as impossible as people make it sound for most areas. Just be ready for a rugged hunt.

IM me and I’ll share where myself and a lot of friends typically hunt.

PM sent

Welcome, I escaped California nearly 5 years ago. Someday I’m sure you’ll find your way out as well.

As for elk hunting here in Colorado there are always plenty of over the counter tags for second season and beyond. Drawing a tag is not as impossible as people make it sound for most areas. Just be ready for a rugged hunt.

IM me and I’ll share where myself and a lot of friends typically hunt.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back