.243 Tikka T3
Bell and Carlson Stock
Bushnell LRHS 4.5-18x44
Javelin Bipod
Montana Sling

4LvGerl.jpg

AkxPiOY.jpg

I like to keep my rifles in a rotation, but my current go to is this:

Kimber Mountain Ascent (BHA Lifemember Gift)
7mm H/T
Leupold Ultralight 3-9x33
Talley Lightweight Lows
140grn E-tips

It takes some finesse to shoot well (I have shot it well out past 500 on targets), but once you get the hang of shooting a sub-6lb rifle, it is a dream.

Butt ugly beat up Ruger M77 30-06 with Leupold 2 x 7 scope.
Cheap off the rack rifle that has some how killed a lot of different animals over the years.
Sheep, goat, elk, moose, antelope, deer, caribou, and more have succumbed to its blood thirsty nature.
Needs a grizzly bear and wolf before it gets retired though.

Last edited:
Nice rifles . Hows the snow up there in eastern MT ? The critters going to make it ?

Mauser action barreled in 338 win, Timney trigger, muzzle break, Nikon 5-20 BDC, Altas BT10 Bipod, BogPod mount in center for balancing on BogPod tripod and butler creek sling

My favorite of my rifles: Remington 700 CDL stainless fluted in a .257 Wby. Topped with a Leopold VX3 4.5-14x40, Harris bipod. Shooting 100 grain Barnes ttsx.

Weatheryby vanguard in 7mm rem mag, boyds at-one stock, atlas bipod, with the third rendition of glass, a huskemaw 5-20x50. Currently shooting 160gr nosler accubonds while I dial in another load for the 168 nosler long range accubonds. Also looking at getting a lilja or jury barrel in 26-28" in a sendero contour, with everything trued and pillar/glass bedded.

I'll add my two dinosaur rifles that have (egads!) wooden stocks. Nothing fancy about them. No fancy dial-in scopes or wazoo calibers. No fancy trigger or bedding jobs either.
Top one is a Rem 700 ADL in 7MM mag from about 1980 wearing a Leupold VX II 2-7.
The one on the bottom is a twin Rem 700 BDL in .270 I bought for the wife in 1985 I think. It is topped with a VX III 2.5-8.
They are both proven antelope, deer and elk killers. Also a lot of jack-rabbits.
Goes to show the plain old-fashioned, tried and true stuff still works.

gc6FUifl.jpg

7 mag rig looks perfect for the thick stuff Gr8.... Cool see thru's.

My two 'go to' rifles. Bottom is a Ruger MKII 300WM with Swarovski Z3 in a McMillan Stock,. Top one is a Rem 700 7mm RM with Leupold VX2 in a HS Precision stock94659

I don't have any pictures specifically of my rifle..... but kind of wanted to try out the new system for uploading pics. Was WAY easier.

Christensen Arms- Ridgleline
6.5 Creedmore
Sig Sauer Whiskey 5 3-15x44 Scope / Kilo 2400 ABS Rangefinder
Sig Sauer SRD762-QD Supressor
Harris Bi-pod

Attachments

• DAN BUCK.jpg
    DAN BUCK.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 20
6.5 SAUM - Sako action - Proof carbon fiber barrel - TBAC Ultra 7 suppressor - Leupold VX6 3-18 - custom stock and work by Oregunsmithing

300 RUM - Rem 700 action - Benchmark barrel - SilencerCo Sakar suppressor - Vortex Viper 4-16 - Manners stock

375 H&H - Winchester model 70 - Leupold VX6 1-6 - 300 grain Swift A-Frame & 300 grain Cutting Edge solid

260 REM - Savage Lightweight Hunter - Leupold VX3 4.5-14

Dart Zone Covert Opps Magnum. Right before bedtime when Mrs. Slatebuilder is about to send the kids up to get ready for bed....I sneak upstairs and hide in the dark to wait for them.

Thompson Center Pennsylvania Hunter. I have had this one since I was 14. It’s killed all sorts of small game, coyotes, and deer. I have even stump shot a few grouse with it. It’s going to head west for elk if a firearms tag shows up this year. 90 grains of 2f black powder with a patched round ball or a Hornady PA conical.

94710 94713

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back