Ship problem grizzlies from Wyoming to California

Never mind the fact that much of the historic habitat of the grizz in Cali has been destroyed by development, terrible forest management or is inhabitated by millions of people. I believe there was a study done some Time ago that said California habitat could support like 500 grizz.. lol.. We know what 500 grizz around yellowstone looks like.. now imagine 500 roaming around Orange County, wine country, Yosemite, Sac foothills, Ventura, Catalina island.. Likelyhood of the bears coming in to contact with crazy cat ladies who feed them and ultimately result in the grizzlies death... 99.99999%.. I am all for it, would be fun to watch.. lot less stray cats and dogs running around..

Last edited:
That's going to be a whole lot of money and time just for a bear to be killed in California. Sure hope they release the bears in a place where they will have very little human contact.

California? Wouldn't that be a little inconsiderate to do that to the bear? He'd probably prefer to be euthanized!

Last edited:
They might like chowing down on the unprotected, all organic buffet they would have access to. They might even enjoy the contact buzz from the Northern California menu.

California hunters have the tag setup done for this already, it is the same tag as the Mountain Lion and Wolf Tag. It runs under what we call a C1 tag. C1, Shoot 1.

Drop them in areas of illegal marijuana growing operations in the national forests.

Is bucket biology a violation the the Lacey act? I'm actually surprised a fed up rancher in WY has done this already.

All kidding and political nonsense aside I would love to see it. They aren't the natural subspecies that used to live in California and southern Oregon but then neither are the wolves they have introduced. I would love to see grizzlies back around here.

How about we put in a pair of chain link fences on the border, then simply allow the bears to live in South Texas as punishment for chewing on tourist and hunters around YNP.

If we send them to Cali there will be lots more videos of human interaction. This one is always amazing to watch.
[video=youtube;wj7Z5oMWuIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj7Z5oMWuIU[/video]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back