Helonix lite camp cot

Northwoods

I just purchased two of these on sale for $175. My wife and I will use them for canoe trips. They weigh less than 3 lbs and are about the same size as and inflatable sleeping pad. I am impressed with them thus far. Hopefully I’m still impressed after the first camping/fishing trip. Might be an option for those of you that don’t sleep well on the ground anymore.

My wife and I carry REI camp chairs that are probably constructed about the same. I agree with the opinion that I'd rather carry more weight and be uncomfortable on the hike than go without something when I'm relaxing at the destination. Hope it works well for you!

Really good option for those of you who get out into the backcountry via ATV. I spend many weekends deep into the cascades every year on ATV's and haul in a fairly robust camp for a 2 or 3 day overnight stay as a base camp for scouting. Great option for ATV or car camping.

I've found the comfort using one these lite weight cots is well worth the extra weight packing in. After chasing elk all day and climbing in one of these..... well it was a game changer, at least imo!
I have the helonix & the cheap Version randy11 posted, helonix is better, but not sure it's worth the cost difference. Either one works fine by me.

That's a nice setup - if 3lbs works for $200. For myself, I wouldn't mind packing that weight for the comfort.

While viewing the Helonix, via the site Muskeez provided, I also viewed this Thermarest cot.
https://www.backcountry.com/therm-a...fTkFfUkVDLVJSX1JFQy1DQVMwMEFQX05BXzIwMTkwMjIw

Both relative in price and weight however, Thermarest has a lifetime warranty whereas the Helinox has a three year.

Thanks for posting the link to the Thermarest cot. I had thought about the Helinox but I am 6’5” and I am afraid my feet would be hanging over too much. The large Thermarest, at 77” and 3 pounds, might work fine.

I found a thermarest luxury lite on local Craiglist. I run it w just 4 sets of crossrods/legs to support my 180#, saves almost 1# of packed weight. Supremely comfortable, if insulation is needed a Z-lite pad is sufficient. If you get one, set it up several times @ home. On the mountain is not a good place to figure assembly out. Those plastic feet can break if mishandled. They weigh nothing, so its good to take extras.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back