Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Anxiously awaiting Wyoming Non-Res elk drawing results...

Am I reading the drawing odds correct? Nonresident regular PP draw, GEN Area, 2 preference points had a 27.16% chance this year down from 58.43% last year?!?!?!?

Special license (GEN) with 1 preference point dropped to 17.56% this year, down from 97% last year!!! Wow, that's a big drop!

That is correct. Amazing what one year can do.

Drew a 091-6 tag. Odds were 28% this year so feeling pretty lucky. The unit is only 2 hours away from my new home in Idaho!

Looks like a ton more people jumped in on that one this year. I wonder how many understand the restrictions that go with that tag.

I’m not sure. I know demand almost always rises but the number of tags stayed the same and the applicants more then doubled. Misinterpretation of the rules, archers using the rules of the special archery season to their advantage, more access to private, general increase in demand for type 6 tags one or all something happened. Whatever it was it shot my plan A down.

Unlike Flatrocks early April fools joke... I actually did pull a 100-1 tag!
Looking forward to getting back into the red desert after hunting for pronghorn there last year!
Buzz, you wanna ride around in a Honda Accord in October?
Good luck everyone!

My first ever elk application- unsuccessful... not even a cow tag. I spent hours and hours doing research in an attempt to bring momma home some meat, and got nothing. Oh well, guess I'll try something else. I'm a newbie, so if anyone has pointers for me to get a cow tag with decent odds I'm all ears! Good luck to all!!

CO leftover or OTC tag.

YES I finally drew a tag that I can hunt bull elk on (General). It hasn't quite sunk in but I think my wife is already gearing up to deal with my planning obsession. Now I have to figure out how to do a 14 hour drive each way just to scout in August.

No for me on a type 6 tag. Applied in an area with decent odds but couldn't get it done. Congrats to all who drew!

I have never saw point creep as bad as it is in WY! I can’t catch it no matter what

Just thinking further about the point creep, I guess the 2019 odds mean it’s very difficult for someone starting with no points to catch up and draw a general tag,assuming the odds continue the same trend. Even in the special draw you need a point. Relying on the random odds doesn’t sound like fun.

Just thinking further about the point creep, I guess the 2019 odds mean it’s very difficult for someone starting with no points to catch up and draw a general tag,assuming the odds continue the same trend. Even in the special draw you need a point. Relying on the random odds doesn’t sound like fun.

I suspect point creep in some units will stall temporarily next year when a lot of guys that put in for WY simply because it's an early draw stop doing so.

Drew a tag with 2 points in the random that took most 10+ points to draw this year. I'm one lucky SOB. Beer will taste damn good at 5 o'clock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back