Anxiously awaiting Wyoming Non-Res elk drawing results...

Total nr in the 2018 Early Elk Draw database was 27,566.

There were 23,091 that applied for a Full Price license. Nonresidents including Landowners drew 6,828 in the first draw and an addl 423 were converted and added to the special gen during the quota balance phase (7,250 back fill). That 400 number is pretty much the norm for the last few years; 403 in 2017.

There were 4,475 nr applicants in the database for Reduced Price CC licenses, they drew 2,437 (21 drawn by LO's). 622 CC licenses were transferred to the resident draw. NR drew 2,201 CC in 2017.

9,687 total NR Elk licenses drawn in the Early 2018 Draw

Last edited:
No elk tag for me, not surprising considering the Long odds I had. Now I need refund so I can dump 8k of tags on the NM draw.

Congrats from Wyoming. Good luck to all of you that drew and maybe next year for those not so lucky. You will enjoy one of the truly great places to see wildlife and meet wonderful people.

What you are seeing is fewer hunters but hunting many more places, many more species per year than was the norm years ago. At least, that is the only way I can interpret them.

Growing up I didn't know anyone that hunted out of state. Now almost everyone I know that hunts in WA also hunts out of state. In my opinion it's a combination of the how shitty WA is and how good the economy has been for the last decade.

Yeah - I knew a couple people that hunted out of state when I was a kid in WA and it was just over to Idaho and occasionally Montana. Now SE Montana might as well be King county east during hunting season. Elk hunting is practically a combat sport in WA with the unlimited OTC tags.

Drew my NR with 3 points...this will be my last season as a NR the following year will be a resident tag!!!Will be hunting with my wife who will have her resident tag as she will meet the one year requirement. Retiring in July after 32 years in law enforcement in Iowa the dream is getting closer, wife and I built a log house in Smoot last year on 14 acres and I can't wait to get there!!

Last week I got lucky & drew an elk tag. I noticed a new charge of $28 from WYFG so called to verify. When I originally applied on my appl I marked a box to automatically charge my card for the Habitat stamp & Elk conservation lic. One is $12.50 the other $15.50). Now they will print it on my lic & I won't need to buy separately. As an added bonus the lic includes a fishing lic. Just thought I'd pass it on.

I got real lucky and managed to draw a general tag with zero points. I was completely expecting to blank and try again next year. This will be my first year chasing elk in the west, so I'm pretty excited! Already done a good bit of research and planning a scouting trip for May/June.

Drew my NR with 3 points...this will be my last season as a NR the following year will be a resident tag!!!Will be hunting with my wife who will have her resident tag as she will meet the one year requirement. Retiring in July after 32 years in law enforcement in Iowa the dream is getting closer, wife and I built a log house in Smoot last year on 14 acres and I can't wait to get there!!

Congratulations! Enjoy

Wow! After reading all the figures, I feel extremely lucky. First year, 2 points and I drew a General.
Any idea when tags are mailed? I like to have the real thing in my hand, not just Successful on a web site.

i wonder how much of it is a trend that will fade when people realize its hard, and actually costs $$ when you draw a tag

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back