Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Kenetrek Mountain Extreme vs. Mountain Guide

OhHeyThereBen

From what I can tell they both just have a different rubber material for the outsole. I know that the Mountain Guides are a discontinued line, but I'm hoping that you guys might have some insight on the difference as I may have found a decent used pair.

I believe the mountain guide also has a stiffer sole.
I own a pair of the mountain extremes, and they are the best mountain hunting boots i have ever owned.

I have a pair of the mountain extremes 400's, by far the best boot I've ever owned! I will tell you need to try them on for a perfect fit. I wear mine with a silk sock liner and rei expedition sock. I also changed the insole to the super feet orange. I also treat them before and after every hunt with Kenetrek's wax.

Another plug for the extremes. Only boot I will ever buy for the rest of my life. Guides have a stiffer sole.

I have both and you can’t go wrong either way. I used the extremes last year and the guides this year. If I put one of each on my feet I am not sure I could tell the difference after break in. I think the guides are supposed to hold up a little better in extremely rocky conditions. Hundred or so miles on each in the Madison/Gallitan/Absorkee/ ranges and there still like new.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back