Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Things to do in Chicago?

Lock yourself in your Hotel room or get the hell outta there as fast as possible

I almost died a few times of alcohol poisoning on Division Street :cool: There's also the train station to hang out with the homeless people and drinking tequila when you miss your last train back to base. Most of them are generally nice people :W:

I almost died a few times of alcohol poisoning on Division Street :cool: There's also the train station to hang out with the homeless people and drinking tequila when you miss your last train back to base. Most of them are generally nice people :W:

Now we're talkin!

Seriously though, thanks folks for the suggestions. I think a ball game at Wrigley Field is what I'm gonna do if I can, try their casserole they call pizza, and maybe drive around Chiraq and draw fire if I get bored.

The last time I was in that neck of the woods was when I went to bootcamp at the beautiful Great Lakes Navy Recruit Training Command. They have some awesome barbers in that place!

We always have a great time in Chicago. The people calling it dangerous are either watching too much Fox news or slinging sacks on the Southside.

Cubs game is a must, great bars and restaurants all over the city. If you want great deep dish stay out of the Geno's tourist trap, there's much better options all over the city.

If you like art, the art institute is world class, museum of science and industry is awesome.

Lots of great music everywhere, you can tour some awesome Frank Lloyd wright houses, and too bad you won't be there for fourth of July, because fireworks are illegal in the city so literally everyone goes to Indiana and brings back truckloads of fireworks. I've never seen anything like it. Sitting on a roof, drinking beer and watching the whole city blow up..

Spent my whole life an hour or so away. Been there once, other than a field trip in middle school. Thatvwas plenty for me. There's a charles 10 minutes from schaumburg. Do you like to fish?

Spent my whole life an hour or so away. Been there once, other than a field trip in middle school. Thatvwas plenty for me. There's a charles 10 minutes from schaumburg. Do you like to fish?

Yes, I do like to fish.

I live in northwest Indiana but travel to Chicago daily to work for the last 30 plus years. I would definitely try to go to a cubs game. Weather you are are a fan or not, it’s a really cool experience. The aquarium and museums are all good too. I would check out millennium park and the river walk for sure. There are a lot of boat tours that are on Lake Michigan as well as the Chicago River. Lots of good pizza. I am a fan of Geno’s. They have good pie. Blues fest happens some time in June as well. Not sure of the dates. Bring a pile of money with you and have fun. The city is awesome in the summer time but you can dump a ton of cash. There is good salmon fishing charters in the city as well as the north shore area. Enjoy your visit

Between conferences and business trips for my wife and I, we are in Chicago 2-3 times a year, so I can help a bit from a tourist perspective. Other locals can probably help you out more.

If the weather's good a Cubs game is a great time. I'm not really a baseball fan but thoroughly enjoyed a day at Wrigley...even the train ride to the stadium and back was pretty cool. For a big city, I actually much prefer Chicago over NYC...at least the downtown / tourist area. The downtown/waterfront area around Magnificent Mile, Navy Pier, and Millenium Park, for a large city, is clean and walkable. Tons of good eateries and bars down there. Yes, it's generally expensive and crowded but I say spend the money to enjoy it while you're there (and REALLY enjoy the fact that you don't live down there 24/7).

If the weather turns crappy, then Shedd Aquarium is cool, as is the Field Museum right next door. Last time I was there the Lions of Tsavo were in the Field Museum, I assume that's a permanent display.

...RANCHO LOCO.... 2016 Chicago = 15,815 aggravated assaults....758 homicides. I'm just a country boy out in the sticks, BUT, that seem kinda dangerous to me.....LOL

Just looked at my post damn auto correct! Charles is supposed to be cabelas!

...RANCHO LOCO.... 2016 Chicago = 15,815 aggravated assaults....758 homicides. I'm just a country boy out in the sticks, BUT, that seem kinda dangerous to me.....LOL

LOL....I guess I'm able to move through my surroundings without fear or problems...LOL...Funny how that works...LOL...Even for a boy who lives in Montana..LOL..Keep watching fox news..LOL..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back