Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Things to do in Chicago?

If you want to catch some good pizza near Schaumburg so you don't have to wait forever in a downtown Chicago pizza joint you can try Lou Malnati's or Aurelio's. They are both good. I would agree that there is a lot of good nature in the collar counties (DuPage, Lake, McHenry, even northwest Cook county near Schaumburg). I would also agree that Chicago is not a war zone.

A Cub's game is a fun time. Give yourself time to get there early and see the neighborhood around Wrigley, lot's of bars and restaurants.

If you like comedy, you can check out Second City. There are lot's of other less well-known comedy joints, but Second City is a launch pad. I can't even tell you how many character actors I see on tv and in movies who I saw on stage at Second City 10 years ago. And if you go to Second City, try to get to Twin Anchors. Its a 2 block walk and they have great ribs and a nice beer menu.

If I think of more Schaumburg area things I'll send them. I live about 15 minutes south of there.

Just pay the tolls my Son went there Valentines Day and did not pay the tolls $12 though he would go online and pay them later. He forgot and on the 22nd he received a letter of fines for unpaid tolls $ 120
The States Broke and needs revenue and if you are parked in the wrong place you will not be ticketed but towed and it costs a Lot I’m told to get your car back. Legal theft’s

I live not far from Schaumburg, in St. Charles. Been in Chicago suburbs most my life, and for my work inspect post offices for repair throughout the city & suburbs. First off beware that I-90 from Schaumburg to/from the city is arguably the worst for rush hour traffic and is frequently no more than a parking lot, even on weekends in the summer. Avoid it at all cost, especially at rush hour. Get familiar with the Metra rail lines and use those for travel to the city.

For just a couple days I'd go downtown and stay there overnight, do a Priceline hotel in the loop near Navy Pier. Usually really good deals available at top shelf places. The usual tourist stuff is pretty good, a city tour bus, Navy Pier, boat ride tour boat on Chicago River. Walk Millenium Park down to Soldier Field and the museum campus area. Might want to rent a bike for that. Also take Metra from hotel area to Wrigley if you opt for a game. I'd definitely not try to fit in a fishing charter in that small time frame. I've lived in the burbs most my life yet still when I have work downtown take my bike and jog/bike the lakefront in the summer. Like a giant air conditioner, very refreshing on hot days. Avoid taking a car & vagrants. The vagrants really annoy me. Will be counting my savings just east in Indiana.

BTW-The west side Austin neighborhood west of United Center is actually the most dangerous area, followed by the south side Englewood. You won't be near these. But be prepared for vagrants everywhere, especially at McDonald's. They are all staked out. Steer clear and have a canned "I just got CC's excuse".

On a side note, In just 2 weeks I'll be joining all those moving out of the state state due to high taxes caused by politicians buying votes from state employees in exchange for bloated pensions. I'm not paying for that. So just bought a home in Indiana.

Last edited:
Rent a car with friends and get on the Dan Ryan expressway to Indianapolis. Much safer city and great food entertainment.

No nightlife in Chicago worth your life.

That place is Mayhem

Rent a car with friends and get on the Dan Ryan expressway to Indianapolis. Much safer city and great food entertainment.

No nightlife in Chicago worth your life.

That place is Mayhem

Indianapolis for food and fun instead of Chicago? That's like choosing Jackpot Nevada over Las Vegas. :confused:

Indianapolis for food and fun instead of Chicago? That's like choosing Jackpot Nevada over Las Vegas. :confused:
Believe it or not Indy has some neat places and great eats, but you are right its tough to top "The Worlds Largest Outdoor Shooting Range" ( Chicago) LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back