MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Things to do in Chicago?

Greyman

Hey folks,
I'm going to attend some professional training in Chicago for a week in June. I'll have a day or two to check everything out and was wondering for suggestions. I was kinda thinking about a fishing charter, maybe a decent restaurant.
Any suggestions?

Yea, the problem is I am a law abiding citizen. You are only allowed to pack heat if you're a thug. The police won't stop you then.

Are you going to be in Downtown Chicago? Or out in the suburbs? There are lot's of neat things to see and do. If you give me an idea of where you are going to be I can provide some suggestions. I have never done a fishing charter, but my Brother in law has for lake trout and salmon.

My wife grew up in Chicago,went back for a vacation.Got off the plane and went out with her friends.
Guy with a shotgun stole all thier purses AND jackets.Had to send her $ to get back to Az.!

Are you going to be in Downtown Chicago? Or out in the suburbs? There are lot's of neat things to see and do. If you give me an idea of where you are going to be I can provide some suggestions. I have never done a fishing charter, but my Brother in law has for lake trout and salmon.

Schaumburg.

Not much help picking things out for you. We normally ONLY go there to fly out. At least you'll be close to O'Hare! It's really been getting more than just a little sketchy recently. The latest shooting hasn't helped. Pull up a Google map and zoom way in. That will start bringing up food joints. Check out their websites and see if you like the sounds of any. I know of a couple places that we have gone to, but it may not fit what you like!

I would suggest to leave at the first opportunity.

Can confirm. Born and raised in IL, do not miss giving Chicago my money one bit! I suggest spending as much money as you can in Indiana or Missouri..

Have driven thru southside Chicago a few times and never left the freeway and it was scary. Visited Detroit to visit brother-in-law. Went to a Tiger game. Went through some terrifying neighborhoods,

Best advice. Do not get shot. I think north Chicago is safer, but do not know.

I would suggest to leave at the first opportunity.

Lol, my thoughts too.

If you have a choice, fly into Midway and skip O’hare, it is a nightmare. Navy Pier is a good tourist trap that every visitor should do at some point. A Cubs game and beers is always a good time. They also have a decent aquarium and museum side by side.

If your looking for outdoors things there is a zoo you can walk. A good salmon fishing charter will cost you a good 5-700 bucks and will be hell to fit it in a work schedule and try and get any catches home.

Piotr Polski was walking in downtown Chicago on his first day in town. A couple thugs eyed him up for a quick mugging, but he was having none of it and took off running. Finally they caught up and after a hell of a struggle they got him down and grabbed his wallet. Finding only $3 they asked; you put up that much fight for $3? No, I thought you were after the $400 in my socks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back