Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Best state to target for 2020/21 Rifle Elk?

Guy5858

Hello,

First off, appreciate all the great info on this site!

Myself and two buddies (east coast) are looking to plan a hunt for 2020/21 elk season. We are very flexible on state. We do not mind paying a little for a guide or tag but prefer to do DIY. Can anyone suggest some general areas or states we might want to narrow our search. We do not have preference points so assume a OTC option?

I am not looking for the specific "hot spot" unit. Just any general kind advice on state or area would be extremely helpful! thanks

Sure. You could do Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah or even Idaho. Lots of bow options. Lots of rifle options. Throw a dart.

This is such a vague question but since you have 1 or 2 years to plan I suggest just binge watching all of Randy's content on youtube, he walks you to the water. Especially the e-scouting series.

East coast is a long way from elk country.. I'd probably pick the closest state (probably Wyoming or Colorado) and start your research there. Everything you really need to plan an elk hunt is on the CO & WY state websites.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back