Range Time Today!

Guy

Wow! Such a beautiful day here, so after the gym, I headed to the North Central Washington Gun Club with a couple of nice guns and some ammo:

What a day!
ywGFoKVl.jpg

No, the flag is not attached to my Jeep:
jcKfRUJl.jpg

Took my 375 H&H Model 70 Winchester to the range today for the first time in quite a while. Ammo was handloaded 270 gr Hornady RNSP bullets over RL-15 for about 2700 fps. It's a rompin' stompin' load, but the well designed stock by Michael Scherz handles the recoil very well.
T72A6KKl.jpg

Scherz makes these custom scope bases specifically for Talley QD rings. I've found that I can detach the 1.5-5x Leupold, then re-mount it with no change of zero!
tnV2BJnl.jpg

He really did quite a job on the rifle. Not only does it look good with that Australian leatherwood fore-end, but the Douglas barrel helps it shoot very well. I thoroughly enjoy shooting it!

After getting the rifle shooting out of my system I turned to my 45 1911 Kimber. My goodness! What a nice gun. Carry ammo of late has been this 230 gr Winchester Ranger SXT:
yv1Rdpel.jpg

It was a pretty doggone nice afternoon.

Hope yours was also!

Guy

Is that what the sky looks like!? It's been so long!

That 375 sure is Purdy.

That is a lot of rifle, what a nice looking .45 does it digest any ammo or do some HP hang up.

It's my second Kimber. The first has 80,000+ rounds through it and is getting a little loose, so I decided I needed a newer one.

Both of em gobble up ammo like crazy! The only ammo-related bobbles I've had was if I didn't do a good job with my handloading. All factory ammo including several different hollow points has just worked slick as can be through both of my Kimber 1911's.

Regards, Guy

Yup, Guy has wood!
And some beautiful looking wood at that!

Errr, ummm...

Like the Kimber. But i'll stick with my Springfield Armory Milspec Champion with the cross cannon wood grips.
I use 185gr. Sierra JHP and Tournament Masters for my carry ammo.

That model 70 is drool worthy! There are a bunch of cheaper model 70 30-06's on the used rack at Scheels that I passed up the other night. They'd make some excellent project guns, but I believe the wife would murder me.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back