Caribou Gear

Shoulder Season comments tally

TRS_Montana

I like numbers, so out of curiosity, I tallied up all the 'yays' and 'nays' of the public comments on shoulder seasons in MT.
Obviously some subjectivity in interpreting peoples' comments, so I would say plus or minus 10% on these numbers.

Final tallies were:

Out of 287 comments:
64 approved
147 disapproved
23 neutral
47 approved, with modification (seemed about 50/50 between more liberal seasons vs. more conservative seasons)
1 double post

Some very good comments sent, many that were written by folks on HuntTalk.

Also some absolute morons out there.
Reading through these comments gives you a great idea of what people are after on both sides.

Interesting and seems right. Friendly reminder that while it is important to comment, legislation can easily go against the majority. It happens quite often. Get to know your state representatives and your Governor.

Interesting TRS. Thanks.

A couple years ago it was over 80% opposed and they went with them anyway. When it comes to the shoulder seasons, I can’t help but think public comment is an inert nicety.

When people approve with modifications, I wonder if FWP considers that a comment in favor or opposition ?

I really enjoy reading public comments on forest service plans and the like. Lotta passionate and informed folks out there. Also a lotta wackos.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmich05
Back