Caribou Gear

CWD...possible cause and cure ?

Me too...but I worry it is wishful thinking and premature to announce a cure...other TSE scientists have not been able to replicate Bastian's results. Maybe he's right and everyone else is wrong. Fingers crossed, but breath not held.

Video is from 8 years ago. Not sure why’s it’s everywhere now.

Long story short, the LSU prof is selling snake oil.

8 years ago is 2011. He referred back to CWD 1st appearing in Pennsylvania in 2012 ? A Google search gives me a Feb 4th 2019 date. Not saying you are wrong icebreaker12... i dont know the backstory of this video. Here's the full video...
https://youtu.be/gdtFXriMx00

Last edited:
8 years ago is 2011. He referred back to CWD 1st appearing in Pennsylvania in 2012 ? A Google search gives me a Feb 4th 2019 date. Not saying you are wrong icebreaker12... i dont know the backstory of this video. Here's the full video...

The Unified Sportsmen of Pennsylvania backing this video is the biggest bunch of idiots that I have ever seen. Being from PA I am all too familiar with them. Their main goal seems to be fighting the game commission and setting back wild game management in PA by 20 years.

I've heard about this research at LSU, but it seems flimsy. The sheer fact that the Unified Sportsmen of PA are pushing this gives me great pause.

Last edited:

I guess I saw the video linked on an 8 year old article.

Regardless, the LSU prof has been spouting this stuff for 8 years. If it really was a bacteria it would be cured by now.

Talking with other CWD experts, none have anything positive to say about this although they remain hopeful.

It's possible that one scientist is right and the rest of the vast number of CWD/TSE researchers are wrong. He could be a modern day Galileo or Newton. But as a probability theory enthusiast, I can say the likelihood is very remote.

They better hope that they’re right with the claims that they’re making. It won’t go well for them and everyone involved if it’s simply a fundraiser or snake oil that they’re selling.

The Unified Sportsmen of Pennsylvania backing this video is the biggest bunch of idiots that I have ever seen. Being from PA I am all too familiar with them. Their main goal seems to be fighting the game commission and setting back wild game management in PA by 20 years.

I've heard about this research at LSU, but it seems flimsy. The sheer fact that the Unified Sportsmen of PA are pushing this gives me great pause.

Yea even I could tell these guys were full of shit and Ive never heard of them. This would be all over the industry if it even had a remote chance at being real.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rimfire45
Back