Caribou Gear Tarp

Mystery Ranch 5-pcs Waist belt question

Ledanek

Astral Frame https://youtu.be/uV9jdlura5I?t=70 as mentioned was based off the NICE frame + Guidelight Frame Technology. These expedition packs have the 5-pcs waist belt.

My question is that on the Guidelight MT Frame and NICE frame, they have the 5-pcs waist belt versus the Guidelight one-piece waist belt.

Recently, I got a hold of a T100 with the 5-pcs waist belt and it felt initially better than the Guidelight one-piece waist belt on my Pintler.

R1n6dlvl.jpg

Those that came from the NICE Frame to the GLF, was this your reaction also?

Did the 5-pcs felt better?

I'm torn that I may never get a chance to take my Pintler hunting (due to my Sciatica) but seem to have no problem with the T100 (with the same weight load of 20-30lbs). The T100 is an over kill for my hammock camping needs and may down size to a Glacier to maintain having the 5-pcs weight belt.

I wish there is a MR store around me, but, the closest is 5 hrs away to help me sort this out.

Anyone else with multiple Mystery Ranch Packs experience this?

Can you elaborate what makes it better?
Can you say what's the difference between two 5-pcs

I ask because it's 5 hrs drive to closest MR Retailer

Thanks

Slightly less weight. More comfortable in how it conforms to my waist, thus distributing weight better. Every version is great, but the two upgrades since the NICE Frame have been noticeable and appreciated when carrying heavy loads for long distances.

Slightly less weight. More comfortable in how it conforms to my waist, thus distributing weight better. Every version is great, but the two upgrades since the NICE Frame have been noticeable and appreciated when carrying heavy loads for long distances.

Much appreciated 👍
Thank you for sharing your thoughts

Back