Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Brent from Washington

Hoofsnhorns87

Heading to unit 39 Idaho for 2019 modern rifle, looking for advice where to camp, and also where I can get away from trucks, side by sides ect.

39 is probably the most heavily hunted unit in the state. However a lot of deer, even some big deer come from there. Start away from roads, stay away from roads, and know you're going to have to contend with people all the time. It's a unit that yes, you get 2 miles from a road, you lose 90% of the people, but that's still a lot of people. There are also a lot of roads in the unit. Still huntable, still a good chance to shoot a deer. As for camping, anywhere there isn't already a camper on the National forest service land is fair game, there will however be a lot of campers, people who camp in the same spot year after year, therefore it's "their" campsite. All that said, welcome aboard, and have at it, work hard, you might be one of the lucky ones.

Thanks choc dogs, the one thing I have definitely learned about 39 is there is a few hunters haha....and from what I have seen on Google Earth it looks like I might be able to get off the beaten path a little bit....thanks for your your response!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back