Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

MT Elk Shoulder season legislation

Ben Lamb

Multiple B tags so you can shoot even more pregnant elk on winter range.

Resolution calling for, among other things, increased B tags and party hunting of elk during shoulder seasons

We've just spent the last 6 weeks talking about how them Canadian super-woofs is eating all the elk. We'll spend the next 4 weeks talking about how elk are everywhere, and we need to kill 'em all.

Just another session at the Montana Legislature.

This is pure crap, I expect better from the legislature in Montana...

Why they are being so soft? Where is the bill to allow elk to be snared, poisoned (like the weed the FWP and Legislature think they are), and shot from the air?

Lets get this elk problem solved once and for all...

I see no reason to not support either of those things, and that's a fact.

The FWP survey from who knows when, 25 years ago, clearly showed that Montana hunters want opportunity. The FWP gives that excuse every single time I've ever brought up reducing season length or any other management practice that reduces opportunity for even 1 day.

Elk are over objective according to the EMP...law says they have to be controlled.

Shoot them until they're at objective, provide all that opportunity, get it over with.

Buzz or Ben (or anyone else for that matter), do you have access to the hunter "study?" That's been used as an excuse in several conversations I've had too, but no one ever seems willing/able to actually provide me with it.

They are so eating him out of house and home. They need to make it legal to shoot them out of his Bell Jet Helicopter or he will starve.

I vote aerial gunning too. Told the local biologist that at the last FWP meeting I went to. Thin the herds.

I see no reason to not support either of those things, and that's a fact.

The FWP survey from who knows when, 25 years ago, clearly showed that Montana hunters want opportunity. The FWP gives that excuse every single time I've ever brought up reducing season length or any other management practice that reduces opportunity for even 1 day.

Elk are over objective according to the EMP...law says they have to be controlled.

Shoot them until they're at objective, provide all that opportunity, get it over with.

The thing about "opportunity" that I think often gets overlooked is the opportunity to fill the tag; it is not just a tag in hand, but the ability to harvest the animal the tag is good for.

Last edited:
Funny thing is, in the FWPs commission meeting this week, about 90% of the public comments they linked to the agenda were against the shoulder hunts and tons absolutely ripped the fwp a new one, but in the executive summary, they just say some comments were for and against, but let's just motion to approve another year of this BS. What a crock, good thing everyone got their comments in so they could check the box that there was public involvement.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back