Central Wisconsin

kroppr_77

Hello everyone.
I'm from central Wisconsin, and I am big into all sorts of hunting. In Wisconsin I pursue whitetail, black bear, turkey, ducks, geese, pheasant, other small game, and fish a lot. I love big game hunting, me and my family are big into whitetail management and hunt around the Wautoma area if any of you know where that is. I bear hunt in northern Wisconsin, and I am due for another tag when I have the time. I currently go to school at MSU Manakto and study environmental science. I hunt lots of public lands and water for my small game and migratory birds all throughout Wisconsin. I plan on going out west as soon as I am done with school, and I have been trying to build points to draw a decent hunt. This year I am trying to do a OTC spring bear hunt in Montana. I also like to film and photograph my hunts and fishing, I run a sony a6000, their action cam, and I am looking into the Sony 4k handycam. If anyone has any advice, or would like to talk hunting let me know!

Welcome from the other side of the big lake!

My wife is a cheesehead, and her grandpa built a little cottage on Tuttle Lake (south of you) back in the day. A few years ago my in-laws decided to have some cutting done and I happened to be out there when they walked their property with the timber guy. I've never hunted their ground, so I was casually asking the timber guy about local deer populations and if they ever saw black bears in that area. The guy said there may be a few around, but bears weren't common that far south.

The next day we took the family on a walk to the local farmstand for some sweet corn. On the walk back to the cottage a black bear ran across County Hwy E about 200 yards up from us. I frantically yelled, "Look, there's an f'n black bear!" to get everybody's attention. I'm not sure who was more surprised- me at seeing the bear, or my wife because I had just dropped an f-bomb in front of her parents. Whoops...

There's a chance I may be out west chasing elk during the MI youth deer hunt this fall, so I may have to bring my son over to try and take advantage of the cheap WI kids tags this year. He managed two does last fall during his first season, so this year he's on the hunt for a buck.

Best of luck after graduation. If you're not careful (or drag your feet on the plunge), you'll soon be pushing 40 with two cute kids, an old bird dog, and wondering how/when you'll make your next trip west.

-tom

Welcome...from another “W” state! Welcome from North-Central Wyoming! memtb

Not sure if you know where Plainfield is, but that is about 15 miles north of me and they run guided bear hunts their. We have a few bears on trail cams and even cleaning up a gut pile on our property. And I'll definitely be sure no to drag my feet, can't wait to get out there!

Not sure if you know where Plainfield is, but that is about 15 miles north of me and they run guided bear hunts their. We have a few bears on trail cams and even cleaning up a gut pile on our property. And I'll definitely be sure no to drag my feet, can't wait to get out there!

Us old guys know where Plainfield is. a creepy guy name Ed made that town famous

Hello everyone.
I'm from central Wisconsin, and I am big into all sorts of hunting. In Wisconsin I pursue whitetail, black bear, turkey, ducks, geese, pheasant, other small game, and fish a lot. I love big game hunting, me and my family are big into whitetail management and hunt around the Wautoma area if any of you know where that is. I bear hunt in northern Wisconsin, and I am due for another tag when I have the time. I currently go to school at MSU Manakto and study environmental science. I hunt lots of public lands and water for my small game and migratory birds all throughout Wisconsin. I plan on going out west as soon as I am done with school, and I have been trying to build points to draw a decent hunt. This year I am trying to do a OTC spring bear hunt in Montana. I also like to film and photograph my hunts and fishing, I run a sony a6000, their action cam, and I am looking into the Sony 4k handycam. If anyone has any advice, or would like to talk hunting let me know!
Welcome aboard from southeast MN.

Welcome from Pulaski,WI. I have only been out west once and going again this coming fall, go out there as many times as you can when your young or you will regret it when you get there in your mid 30’s and wish you started in your early 20’s.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back