Renting a ATV.

rmauch20

Going to be in the Walden area this year and while atv is not a necessity I believe it could be helpful. It seems like most places I found Rent by the hour or half day. I am looking for a somewhere that would rent for 5-7 days. Has anyone done this or have a place they would recommend near Denver or Steamboat?

it will be cheaper to buy a older honda 4x4 quad trailer it to where you wana hunt and then sell it once you get home they hold their value pretty well

I tried to do the same thing two years ago near Monarch, CO. Prices were exorbitant because no one cut a deal for multiple day rentals. You might try calling those in the local area and make an offer when you get closer. They will make better deals if their machines are not rented on a particular day. Buying a used one at home and then reselling it might be a good option, I did that with a boat one year we were spending a couple weeks at a lake. It only ended up costing me about $500 plus the cost of fuel.

I have been watching the local classifieds for older cheaper ones but haven’t had much luck yet. I am not looking for anything special.

You may even check with your local Power Sports dealers, though you would have to trailer it or haul it.... Years ago, my uncle rented used sleds a couple of times directly from a PowerSports dealer - he had to trailer them 300 miles from 'home to trail' but it was much cheaper as they generally went for a week and the dealer just charged a flat fee... And if they don't 'rent' it maybe they would 'sell' you a cheaper used QAD for $3000 (or whatever) and then you have a purchase agreement that you can 'return' the QAD within 2 weeks for $2500.... Otherwise as was mentioned, you can buy a cheaper one and then just sell it when you're done... For example I sold a Kawakasi Prarie 360 4x4 for like $1500 (ran good, good condition just had 7.5K miles on it) 2 years ago - something like that you could have bought it, road it and sold it for essentially nothing into it...

If buying something to resell it I would be sure it is fuel injected.
My buddy’s old Kawasaki did not run well at 7500 feet last year.

If buying something to resell it I would be sure it is fuel injected.
My buddy’s old Kawasaki did not run well at 7500 feet last year.

That's a good point if not EFI (which would really be preferred).... Most of the main brand models you can by a dynojet kit fairly reasonable but something to be aware of if buying carbureted...

Last edited:
In Az. It's common to rent ATV's and trailer packages from local dealers.They always screw up my hunt ICE HOLES!:cool:

Maybe look at the Craigslist in the area for people looking to sell a quad. Ask to rent it a week for a price then return and it is listed for sale. Win for both of you, they make more money and you have a way around.

Not sure if where you will be at will have a width restriction, but I found a local equipment rental place that I could rent a UTV for a pretty reasonable price compared to out west prices.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back