Pelosi - Next Pres Could Declare Gun Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why build a wall, why not build a working expedited legal immigration system?
Because you can no longer trust politicians to adhere to laws they would make, not to mention the ones already made. What's keeping your comprehension from understanding what sanctuary cities are? It's a place to ignore immigration laws in Nancy Pelosi's city she represents. More laws will not curb illegal activity. You understand the emergency? It's like making more gun laws when criminals ignore the ones already on the books.
A wall can't be ignored. Is it the right solution, probably not but it will help and can't be ignored.

Bighornram

just figured this thread needed to get back to pubic land a hunting before it went off a cliff

Last edited:
Pelosi actually makes a good point. I don't believe immigration is a national emergency, but now the door is open. When the pendulum swings the other way, as it always does, a future president will have carte blanche to declare a national emergency that conservatives won't like at all. And will have Mr. Trump to thank.

Pelosi actually makes a good point. I don't believe immigration is a national emergency, but now the door is open. When the pendulum swings the other way, as it always does, a future president will have carte blanche to declare a national emergency that conservatives won't like at all. And will have Mr. Trump to thank.

Wrong...national emergency act has been in existence since 2006 and Obama abused the hell out of it during his time in office. Especially on healthcare and did it all while flat out lying about it or skating around the around the truth and the bullsh!# media never reported a taint of it so nobody even knows if their an uneducated voter. Republicans gotta stop governing as if the democrats aren't going to do these things anyways. They don't need Trump to do something for them to do something. Democrats are gonna do it regardless if their in the oval office. And furthermore if this is not a national security threat why is this thread BLOWING UP? Ask a mother or father with a dead child if it's a national security risk. Ask the family members down the road from me in Blackfoot Idaho if it's a national security risk who are grieving over their dead child who was hit by an illegal immigrant with no insurance, no drivers license, and was plastered drunk. Walls help plain and simple! Every damn president has said they were gonna fix immigration since the 50s and they all had zero balls and didn't dare touch it. Now someone in office is doing everything he possibly can to help the issue not with just a wall but numerous other policies and y'all bitch and moan about it.

Do what you were voted in to do. Shit or get off the pot and dammit trump is shitting and I love it!!!

National emergency my ass. Yes, it needs legislative attention, but it’s hardly an emergency.

Addressed how? Probably a bunch of policies trump is trying to apply along with the wall.

The wall will help...so why not build it? If it's gonna help do it. But no let's continue to do nothing after all that is the status quo.

How exactly is that different from the white meth head or the chronically unemployed?

The two you mentioned are not illegal immigrants. They have rights that non-citizens don't have weather you like it or not that is the LAW. You want lawlessness?? Go to where the illegals come from and live your pipedream life there. So answer these simple questions: Do you believe in the rule of law. Do you believe in the constitution. If you answer yes to both you are nothing but a hypocrite if you keep defending illegal immigration and sanctuary cities. I'll pay 3 times as much for my fruit and veggies, but dammit these health care costs are painful because i'm flipping the bill for millions of low wage illegals who you think are great for the middle class.

You want lawlessness??

What kind are you talking about here? The kind you don't agree with, you know, the type of open border than made America what it is, that allowed all those bad hombre Europeans to flood our borders, or are you talking about the kind of lawlessness that our president just invoked to pass legislation that his own friggin' party couldn't pass for 2 years? America is great because of a lot of things, being a place where people who want to work hard can make something of themselves is one reason, another is that no single branch of govt will have more power than the others.

And the president didn't use lawlessness. Explain to me how he is being unlawful? I'll be waiting.

Addressed how? Probably a bunch of policies trump is trying to apply along with the wall.

Oh yes, I’m sure. And it’s especially emergent given the fact Yrump didn’t have a partisan majority in the Senate and House for two years.

Oh wait. Never mind.

Lame duck Paul Ryan didn't do anything for the first year or anything his entire time as leader. You can't blame all this on trump that's taken until this year to get it on the table.

Give me one legitimate reason we shouldnt secure our border? I'll be waiting for that to....

Last edited:
The current system is a mess all around, we need secure borders and turning a blind eye to unlawful behavior is rarely a good choice. At the same time immigration has always been the lifeblood of this nation. As for the fiscal arguments, the economic costs of these folks isn't nearly as black and white as either side would like you to believe - here is one discussion to this effect https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...mmigration-policy-impose-300-billion-annuall/ It's time for both sides to stop pandering to their bases and come up with a modern and coherent immigration policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back