Caribou Gear

New WyGF Director

• Thread starter Deleted member 18333
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18333

These are the three candidates that the Governor is selecting from for the Director of G&F. Do any of you MT guys have any input on the candidate from MT?

Gov. Mark Gordon will interview the three candidates and appoint the new director.

The three finalists are: Brian Nesvik, who is currently chief of the wildlife division for Wyoming Game and Fish and a 24-year veteran of the department; Gary Bertellotti, who is the regional supervisor for Montana, Fish, Wildlife and Parks in Great Falls; and David Morrison, small game program director Texas Parks and Wildlife in Austin, Texas.

Maybe he's a great dude, but I'm having a hard time imagining a small game program director from Texas having much credibility with WY stakeholders on stuff like grizzly bear management and public access.

Maybe he's a great dude, but I'm having a hard time imagining a small game program director from Texas having much credibility with WY stakeholders on stuff like grizzly bear management and public access.

I would agree. Might be in there to keep the field diverse. I would assume Nesvik is the most likely choice.

Each state seems to have such a unique culture with regard to fish and wildlife that I would tend to think internal hires would almost always be the best choice.

I would agree. Might be in there to keep the field diverse. I would assume Nesvik is the most likely choice.

I agree, as the most prevalent comment on this goes back to a failed administration under an out of state hire years back. I do have the feeling the Governor's office is looking for a new direction and not sure that's what they will get with Nesvik. He would definitely be a different kind of leader though.

Each state seems to have such a unique culture with regard to fish and wildlife that I would tend to think internal hires would almost always be the best choice.

That's been my observation as well.

I agree, as the most prevalent comment on this goes back to a failed administration under an out of state hire years back. I do have the feeling the Governor's office is looking for a new direction and not sure that's what they will get with Nesvik. He would definitely be a different kind of leader though.

JM77:

Which one of the two out of state hires were you referring to when you described that person's administration as "failed"? I don't disagree with you, I was just wondering which of the two you thought was the failure, Brent Manning or Steve Ferrel?

ClearCreek

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back