Side to side movement in pack?

Sleeperls

Just got a exo 3500 bag. I've got a short torso and feel I have the bag adjusted correctly. I white tail hunt with a stand etc on my back same style suspension its 37 to 40 pounds a day just no frame and it doesn't move around as much.

I put the gun on one side of the pack, but I don't have it balanced out with spotter etc on the other side. Don't own them yet but it should balance out the pack but not sure it'll stop the side to side.

Suggestions welcome.

Also 2nd part question. How do you folks prefer to haul on your packs.

I have the same bag and it feels like I was born with it. Very minimal if any side to side movement. Have you watched the videos Steve put out on how to fit the pack?

Some of the movement you might be feeling is your rifle flopping around. The bag has tons of compression straps. Use them. Tighten the sides first then snug the center(where they go over the stretchy material)

My gun, or bow, doesnt go on my pack unless its either dark or I'm packing meat.

It's only when I add the rifle. I've tried every torso adj with same results just tighter vs less weight/pressure. I'm 5,7 and torso at 17ish.

Going to keep.messing with it but it's about to drive me nuts. I've got everything compressed tight the rifle does not move just the bag back of the shoulder pads, loadlifter area. Same result no matter what torso adj. I figured I just had it to tall, but feel I have it right. I'm third hole from.the bottom.

I don't have your pack, but typically mine has issues like yours if I load things (my tree stand for example) too far away from my center of balance. If you have the ability to balance your rifle out with something or cinch it down tighter it may help you out. Another thing that can get you is not having your load adjuster straps tight enough (the ones above your shoulders). I'd assume that your pack has those.

Like p_ham said though, watch videos or bring it somewhere to have someone help you. They can be fairly complicated until you get used to the adjustments.

It's only when I add the rifle. I've tried every torso adj with same results just tighter vs less weight/pressure. I'm 5,7 and torso at 17ish.

Going to keep.messing with it but it's about to drive me nuts. I've got everything compressed tight the rifle does not move just the bag back of the shoulder pads, loadlifter area. Same result no matter what torso adj. I figured I just had it to tall, but feel I have it right. I'm third hole from.the bottom.

Read PHams post. Very good info. Use the compression straps and nothing is going anywhere on that pack. The torso adj has nothing to do with side to side movement.

Got a chance to talk with Mark at exo yesterday. Like I stated we both feel pack is set up right just more of a balancing issue. Going to try center loading it when my carrier comes in. Also going to try lowering it so it doesn't have as much weight so high try and bring it to the center area of the pack

Back