PEAX Equipment

Elk 101 or Roe hunting resources online course

rmauch20

For guys who have done one or the other or both online courses, Are they worth it and are there any others that you would recommend? I only rifle hunt if that matters for the recommendations.

Elk101 is pretty archery/calling style specific, but there are some sections that are definitely helpful for all aspects of elk hunting. He covers all the basics (drawing, picking units, getting in shape, cleaning an elk), that go for all hunting. Listening to all of Randy's podcasts and youtube videos will help you just as much if not more when it comes to rifle hunting strategies, as he's the one that does the late season tactics for Elk101. Ive never bought the Roe, but looked at it from the outside and wasn't impressed. If you want an app like Roe's, look at the elknut app.

Elk101: If you don't know elk biology and behavior, go here.
Roe: If you know elk hunting, and need help with calling, go here.

If you are rifle hunting, I would still point you to Elk101 for the late season stuff. About the most I ever do calling in rifle season is a cow mew.

As far as worth it, YMMV. I think Elk101 is priced too high. Roe I feel is very reasonable for the amount of content.

For rifle only I’d just do Randy’s vids.

For archery and the “why” elk do what they do, and how to use that info Roe is the guy. Elknut is right there too but his content is not laid out like Roe’s.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back