Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Winter in ne Wyoming

Here in the Bighorn Basin, we haven’t had any winter. We’ve had a few cool/cold days....only a few quite cold days, -15 or colder. We’ve been unseasonably warm, most of the winter.Getting some snow in the northwestern and western mountains. However, it appears that they’re getting pretty hard with snow all across the southern part (I 80 corridor) of the state. memtb

I saw below average snowpack on the NRCS site for NE Wyoming from the Bighorns East. Temperatures have been pretty average I would say. A few cold days, but not out of normal really. I think the problem might be that the snow that is on the ground is pretty crusty. I thought there was something on the game and fish site about that kindof snow being harder for the animals to get through to feed. Sagebrush and that kindof thing is still above the snow, but the grass has been covered for quite a while in the far NE corner I guess. It is melting today a little with a little more on the way tomorrow. I guess in summary its about the same as the last few years it seems like. Longer range forecast shows a colder rest of February, but that changes hourly it seems like.

West side is 100-130% of average and getting a bunch the next few days. Warmer than average though, and most of the winter range isn't that deep. Toward I-80 is a little tougher as noted.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back