Caribou Gear Tarp

M14 Marines

Gunner46

Just taking a 'Look See' to who around here was a starched covered M14 Marine. Maybe add a story of the wonderment of this battle rifle. (embellishment is expected & appreciated)

SI

Sorry this Marine was issued a M16 jam-omatic. I keep thinking I need a AR but every M16 AR15 I was issued I had malfunction’s with. I know today’s AR15’s have had nemouris updates but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from them.
I will say I would like to see the M14 updated with some improved parts and a Stock from HS Precision and a change from 7.62 to 260 Rem military version with two rounds one for Shot range lower recoil 120gr bullet and a 140-142gr High BC bullet for places like Afghanistan.

In the late 90's when I joined the Navy, the M14 was the rifle i learned to shoot with. I even got to put some rounds through the full auto one the GM's kept in the armory. Later when I was in the army we had some of the variants for squad designated marksmen rifles. I plan to own an M1A someday, always loved hooting that platform.

Sorry this Marine was issued a M16 jam-omatic. I keep thinking I need a AR but every M16 AR15 I was issued I had malfunction’s with. I know today’s AR15’s have had nemouris updates but I still have a bad taste in my mouth from them.
I will say I would like to see the M14 updated with some improved parts and a Stock from HS Precision and a change from 7.62 to 260 Rem military version with two rounds one for Shot range lower recoil 120gr bullet and a 140-142gr High BC bullet for places like Afghanistan.

Springfield Armory is selling the M1A in 6.5 Manbun now

I recently put on layaway a M1A Scout, and a M14 is a rifle I have always wanted. I can’t wait to shoot it and I may pack it elk hunting for me and my boy this fall. From reading about accuracy it appears to be about 1.5 MOA at 100 yards, which is good.

Gunner46 and the other Marines thank you for your service and I appreciate your protection of our nation.

The Department I worked for obtained several M14s from the military through a grant. They had been altered to fire semi auto only. Great weapon !! I shot lots of injured deer, sick moose, etc. with that rifle. When called to critical incidents, I always received appreciating nods from officers of other agencies when I pulled out the M14 !! Also great fun during our twice-per-year qualification shoots. I had to leave my truck and jump in with another officer one day. When I returned to my truck, the windows had been shot out. The M14 and a .22 rifle had been stolen.

I'm a plastic "mattie Mattel" M16AX Marine, but my dad trained and qual'd on the M-14. He always refers to it as "11 1/4 pounds of motherf^cker."

Thanks for your service Leathernecks! My son just landed on US soil today from deployment to the Middle East / North Africa. He is the long gun for his team. M110 platform, SB scope.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back