Heads Up Concerning Arizona's Point Guard!

Lv2hnt

There was a statement in another thread about you having to purchase Point Guard at the same time you submit your Arizona big game application.

That is INCORRECT!

You may do so on-line up until February 28 this year (which is the cut-off date before the upcoming draw).

So if some of you are kicking yourself for choosing NOT to purchase Point Guard this go-'round, OR if you had problems with the site not allowing you complete that transaction, it's not too late ...

Randy, after seeing how many people had problems when they waited until the last few days to submit their apps, I thought I'd throw that out there (especially for those who've invested several years in the process).

There are others who benefit from the Point guard system.

Others may not know I'm the lead coordinator for the Heroes Rising Outdoors / Hunts for Heroes program here in Arizona. Partnering with the G&F's tag transfer program, we take previously wounded Arizona vets out hunting throughout the calendar year, free of charge. Our program gives these veterans the chance to get outdoors and participate in activities they may have felt no longer possible, to find some "Healing through Hunting."

We have several non-residents donate their tags to us each year, for a variety of reasons. Life happens.

With Point Guard, you can surrender your tag to Arizona G&F OR you can donate it directly to a non-profit organization approved to work within G&F's tag transfer program, such as Heroes Rising Outdoors.

When you choose to use Point Guard, Arizona G&F allows you to retain all bonus points you've accumulated for that specie. PLUS, when you donate that tag to a non-profit, they treat it as though you were not drawn that year and award you with an additional bonus point. A win/win! One note: just know, either way you'll bite the bullet --- your tag fees are not reimbursed.

Take a look to see what we've been doing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1By63SdXs3M&t=159s

Should anyone like more information about our program, or Point Guard in general, don't hesitate to give me a call: (480)760-3868.

Good luck in the draw!!!

--- Tom

That’s pretty great info! It’s nice to know that if I ever need to turn in a tag, I can allocate it to someone so deserving rather than simply turning it back in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back