PEAX Equipment

trouble buying a license online with Arizona?

Understandable, however this happens to every state every year. Can't control it. Other states obviously have a system built that withstands the volume of applicants. They obviously don't have that. It is what it is, and they will have to right it because that is business.

Works fine for me; went thru the license process this morning in less than a minute. This portal front end is a temp fix to get them thru the Elk draw after their IT guy quit, it's getting updated later in the year.

Last edited:
What do you mean by portal front end? I tried just buying through the website, then logging into my portal and there is 3 ways from there I tried to purchase a license.

This worked for me as well. If you can't get through the main Yuma line try this number 928-341-4060. It's a direct line to Kathryn Thomson. She was super helpful and did my license and my draw app. One word of caution: you cannot use Point Guard if you have her do it manually!!! That could be a big problem if you have to cancel your hunt. Point Guard has to be bought on line only at the time of the draw app.

Good luck!

The phone call thing was great! Getting around the main number was key! Wish I’d done that instead of wasting somewhere around 3hrs. At least I got in.

A) They shouldn’t hold me to a deadline that they can’t hold themselves to.
B) They know it’s coming, and other states handle its

That’s why they should extend the deadline if it keeps people out. I started 27hrs prior to the deadline. Things happen, and I understand that completely, but they should do something to accommodate problems that happened on their end. It’s not like this happened one hour from the deadline, or even after close of business.

Foxfire works. Explorer does not. I called YUMA... very nice lady that helped with the license. THANKS for the heads up.

good luck to all
the dog

I don't know what it is but the AZ website has problems every year it seems. Don't procrastinate. Some year our dep't will get it right, but i'm not holding my breath

Calling the Yuma office was a great idea. I was able to speak with Kelly, who lined me up with my license. I was then able to jump onto my portal and lock up my application. A big shout out to all of the office workers today. I am sure they got hit hard by people like me today. Hope everyone else is getting it figured out.

I bought my licenses and signed up for the draws a few weeks ago and had the license set up to start today to have the license requirement for the draw.

I almost posted about this yesterday but I figured it was my penance for not applying earlier. Good luck to everyone trying to get thru. I spent almost two hours to apply for myself and buy my two kids points...Very frustrating is an understatement.

FROM AZGFD FACEBOOK PAGE:

"We are aware there are delayed response times on the agency's phone and email systems. We appreciate your patience and are here to help. Phones will be open until midnight tonight and staff will be available to answer any questions. Please call 602-942-3000 and select option 7 until 5 p.m. After 5 p.m. please call 602-942-3000 and select option 5.

Here are a few tips to keep in mind when applying for the draw:

1. You are not required to have a portal account or be logged in to your account to apply for a big game draw.

2. Make sure your hunting or combination license is valid and not expired. If you need to purchase a license, please do so BEFORE applying for the draw.

3. You must check the three boxes under "Draw Checklist" and acknowledge the security feature on the first page of the draw site before you continue to the application."

I'm glad I checked this forum today and found this thread or I probably would not have been able to get the license bought. Thanks for the idea and info. The lady at Yuma was very helpful in getting me taken care of.

I was able to login about an hour ago without any problems after trying numerous times between 1-4 this after.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back