Stihl 2 in 1 sharpener

SFC B

Got one of these for Christmas to go along with the saw I bought last fall. The chain had stayed pretty sharp through probably 2-3 chords of firewood but the last bit of oak I scored it was starting to show. I had some time today to give it a shot and am pretty impressed simple to use, quick and the results for my first time were promising. I am the first to admit that prior to this I was a take it to get sharpened guy but don't want to be without a sharp chain in the woods. Well worth the $30 +- it cost.

These things are pretty handy. I have the Pferd brand which is the same as Stihl. For the price they have made their way into several stocking stuffer gifts. The only thing I'd also suggest getting with this is a portable saw vise for field sharpening.

These things are pretty handy. I have the Pferd brand which is the same as Stihl. For the price they have made their way into several stocking stuffer gifts. The only thing I'd also suggest getting with this is a portable saw vise for field sharpening.

It is on the list!!
Along with some new wedges!!

Good to know! I'm in the process of taking down about seventy dead spruce trees at my place, it's on my list!

The one thing I noticed is the filing angle recommended didn't match my stock Stihl chain but since I had hit rocks I didn't feel bad about changing it since otherwise the chain was junk. As I suggested earlier, a logger's bar vise will make the process exponentially better. I think my field bar vise was like $15 and you tap it into a log with a hammer (back of an axe)

I have always used a File-O-Plate for filing the rakers on my chains, but they are no longer made. I have considered trying this tool, when I lose, or break my last File-O-Plate. Glad to hear someone has used it. It is nice to be able to file the rakers and chain at the same time. The rakers are the only problem. I have always just used a standard file and guide for the cutters.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back