Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Hogs this summer

Good info Greyman. I have not hunted the Piney woods since college so my info over there is way outdated.
You also need hunters ed card on you while hunting if of the age required to have it.

Texas recently changed their license requirement on private lands and has not really put out a public statement on it. Now no license required to hunt them on private land with landowners permission, hunters ed still required.

Isn't it true that u have to have a tag for something else to hunt on a wma

Yes a Oklahoma hunting license and any applicable big game tag for the season ( for instance if you went during deer season you would need a deer license). During summer I think you would be good with just a hunting license. Check the 2018/19 regulations on the ODWC website also be sure to look up the rules and seasons for each wma as they can vary. If you go the guided route check out Shiloh ranch in Stonewall Oklahoma. Tons of hogs in SE Oklahoma NE Texas come kill some.

Yes a Oklahoma hunting license and any applicable big game tag for the season ( for instance if you went during deer season you would need a deer license). During summer I think you would be good with just a hunting license. Check the 2018/19 regulations on the ODWC website also be sure to look up the rules and seasons for each wma as they can vary. If you go the guided route check out Shiloh ranch in Stonewall Oklahoma. Tons of hogs in SE Oklahoma NE Texas come kill some.

WildWill, I'm sending you a PM..

Most Georgia WMAs have a hog/coyote only season from May 16-31. Turkey season here runs from March 23rd - May 15th. You can hunt hogs with turkey weapons during turkey season (shotguns with #2 shot or smaller, any bow or muzzle loader) or big game weapons during the special hog hunt (i.e. Rifles). Just need to check the regulations for the specific WMA you are interested in to make sure it is open for a special hog hunt in May. I'm familiar with most of the WMAs in north Georgia, and with the WMAs and the Chattahoochee national forest there are plenty of places to hunt them. If you go that route you can send me a pm and i will try to help. Sometimes you have to walk a lot to find them, but it isn't hard to tell you are on them once you find them. In my area they roam a lot, they will hang out in an area for a couple weeks then move on to greener pastures once whatever they are eating will plays out.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back