Question Smith River Draw Odds

4 buddies and I put in for a Smith permit as a potential bachelor party trip, does anyone know if they publish official draw odds anywhere? I know the odds can be long but I have no idea what that means practically, like sheep hunt bad?

I think the odds are pretty decent if you don't need to go during the peak season. No idea if they put the odds out there anywhere though.

Blog Entries

You can request from helena the draw numbers and do your own math. Ive never seen real odds put out.
    "There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm." ~TR

"He was a mighty hunter before the Lord." ~Genesis 10:9

Quote Originally Posted by 406LIFE View Post
    You can request from helena the draw numbers and do your own math. Ive never seen real odds put out.
    Thanks for the tip!

Go here: http://stateparks.mt.gov/smith-river/ Scroll down to Smith River Plans and Reports. Second PDF will tell you how many applied last year for each launch date.

Don’t apply for June 26th, please

29th... looks like it’s gonna be rough, we only have 5 though so

Four adults and four kids who can’t put in here...

Anyone know why you canít bring dogs? Itís a float on a public waterway and all the camping is public land, how is that a thing?

I wasnít planning on bringing mine if we draw, but it seems absurd that the state can even make that a rule...

There was likely multiple negative issues with people bringing their misbehaved dogs up to and including dog bites, fights, and shits in camping areas. I for one appreciate a camp clean of all three.