Pensacola Florida

Duck-Slayer

Looking for advice on Bowfishing charters or individuals to go out and shoot stingrays for my wife and I’s 15 year Anniversary next year. We are also looking for rod/reel fishing and crabbing. Suggestions on other outdoor activities. Also the best time of year to be there. Thanks for any advice. PMs are welcomed.
Matt

More familiar with the Mobile and Biloxi area but I would suggest going during the spring when crawfish is in season and would also suggest trying some gator if you haven't yet l. I am a big fan of that area, some of the best seafood in the country.

I've never done the bowfishing or charters but the easiest way would be to fish from the pier. You can pay a daily rate and rent equipment if needed. I fished the pier at Navarre Beach on two different vacations at different times of the year and there were different fish around. Seemed to be a larger variety of fish in July, including a good sized tarpon. There seemed to be less fish but more sharks the second time, which was in May.

Call Shallow Water Expeditions and see if they have anybody fishing that far west or if they could refer you to a reputable guide that does. We booked a day with them last spring while visiting our son who’s stationed at Hurblert Field. Weather was BAD. Guide had plans A-Z and worked his butt off pulling every trick out of his hat to get us on fish and was willing to run offshore the minute the wind laid down. We had a lot of fun and caught a lot of fish despite the challenges Mother Nature threw at us.

It’s official we got our plane tickets, hotel, and rental vehicle. I hope it’s a really really nice May there. Can’t wait to stick some sting rays with the bow! If any HT live down that way PM me. Still looking for a couple more things to do.
Matt

It’s official we got our plane tickets, hotel, and rental vehicle. I hope it’s a really really nice May there. Can’t wait to stick some sting rays with the bow! If any HT live down that way PM me. Still looking for a couple more things to do.
Matt
If you like country music and beer, a night dedicated to visiting the flora bama bar is a wise choice!

Not sure if they do it in that area or not (or timing) but might want to look into going after flounder. I think they usually go spear them on the flats at night. They are darn tasty too

I’m a little east of there but feel free to PM. Help you anyway I can.

May is one of my favorite times to inshore fish. Water hasn’t gotten too hot yet so fish will bite throughout day depending on tides.

Back