Yeti GOBOX Collection

Gordon Buck

Amazing buck but the marketing hype that goes along with such things these days is saddening. Take for instance the Black Ovis write up. The entire thing is marketing hype, dang near every sentence. But the marketing hype ruins it in my eyes.

That's the name of the game these days. Multiple outfits for the glory shots with all the sponsors gear showing. Photo shoots that would make most models jealous. Hunters are worse than teenage girls on social media. And if a hunter kills a big buck/bull everyone wants the same clothes, much like people buy the clothes people like Meghan Markle wear.

I thought this part was interesting, note the brands involved with this.
Guess the net score and total scorable points and be entered to win a BlackOvis.com prize package valued over $5000 that includes the Sitka Gear clothing kit, Mystery Ranch Metcalf backpack and Crispi boots that were used in the harvest of the Gordon Buck.

It always amazes me how so many hunters cut down anyone that is good at what they do out of jealousy. Mitch lives and breathes whitetails every day of the year and has killed so many huge bucks that he's right up there with anyone you can name in the US. I've owned property 30 miles east of where he hunts since 1973 and the country he goes in probably doesn't have any other human presence because it's so nasty. Most people up in northern MI just keep the big ones quiet and go about their business so as not to draw attention to it. Your flopped over ear comment also tells me you don't know squat about anything deer related when one dies!

It was known Rompola had to cease calling that deer a world record until he proved it was legit by simple tests. A case against him by Milo Hansen or those who owned the rights to his WR deer. A world record deer has a lot of $$$ potential and Rompola refused to do what was asked to prove it legit. A lot of shady details, and no desire to prove it real. End of story.

Last edited:
So for the deer farm conspiracy theorist where are the nearest mule deer farms?

I know there used to be one in Chadron Nebraska quite a while ago but the owner told me they had problems keeping the mule deer alive to they stopped over a decade ago and primarily focus on elk.

I know there are a lot of whitetail farms and elk farms even in places like Montana but I have not run across any high fence mule deer or antelope operations.

Pathetic. It's posts like this that detour people from sharing their success photos anymore......and one of the main reasons the hunter chose to keep it quiet for this long. This IS a legitimate buck arrowed in the CO high-country above timberline. I'm told it was measured (in velvet) by two different P&Y measurers. If the hunter decides to keep the velvet on, it will be eligible for the P&Y Records Program (non-typical-velvet category). However, it will NOT be eligible for world records status, regardless of final score, unless the velvet is stripped and it is panel measured (verified). It is reportedly NOT a stag (cactus) buck, which is irrelevant, as P&Y accepts velvet stag deer (unlike B&C). It is the hunter's discretion whether he chooses to strip the velvet and have it panel measured to see if it surpasses the current world record. Either decision he makes, one thing is for certain; it's a tremendous WILD mule deer that finally surfaced on the jealous and accusatory WWW. Congratulations to the hunter on a true buck of a lifetime. Wish we all could just enjoy the photos and success.

if anyone argues with this post, you should sell your gear and go find a rock to crawl under to never be heard from again.

Roy is spot on.

BOHNTR
Pathetic. It's posts like this that detour people from sharing their success photos anymore......and one of the main reasons the hunter chose to keep it quiet for this long. This IS a legitimate buck arrowed in the CO high-country above timberline. I'm told it was measured (in velvet) by two different P&Y measurers. If the hunter decides to keep the velvet on, it will be eligible for the P&Y Records Program (non-typical-velvet category). However, it will NOT be eligible for world records status, regardless of final score, unless the velvet is stripped and it is panel measured (verified). It is reportedly NOT a stag (cactus) buck, which is irrelevant, as P&Y accepts velvet stag deer (unlike B&C). It is the hunter's discretion whether he chooses to strip the velvet and have it panel measured to see if it surpasses the current world record. Either decision he makes, one thing is for certain; it's a tremendous WILD mule deer that finally surfaced on the jealous and accusatory WWW. Congratulations to the hunter on a true buck of a lifetime. Wish we all could just enjoy the photos and success.

if anyone argues with this post, you should sell your gear and go find a rock to crawl under to never be heard from again.

Roy is spot on.

BOHNTR and Zach,

Personally I can relate to this. I took leave of actively participating in outdoor forums for a while due to the negativity. When my twin daughters and son started hunting I decided it'd be fun to get back into the community. It was short lived. In 2015 and 2016 my daughters got their 1st buck, and the following year one of my girls killed a pretty decent buck. I posted pictures and the story in a few places, but 2 forums absolutely trashed what should have been a good post. In both places I was trashed for the caliber I let my daughters use. The 2nd instance was over the pictures I posted of my daughter and her good buck. The crime I committed was all the Blaze Orange clothing my daughter had on. It was extremely cold that day (5 degrees) and I wasn't about to make her freeze in order to get perfect field photos. The amount of PM's and direct attacks put me back into lurk mode again. I've no issue with difference of opinion and welcome it. Tearing something down over something petty not so much.

I can't wait to hear the details on this buck. CO is known to grow a few unbelievable bucks and bulls from time to time. Back to lurking.

BOHNTR and Zach,

Personally I can relate to this. I took leave of actively participating in outdoor forums for a while due to the negativity. When my twin daughters and son started hunting I decided it'd be fun to get back into the community. It was short lived. In 2015 and 2016 my daughters got their 1st buck, and the following year one of my girls killed a pretty decent buck. I posted pictures and the story in a few places, but 2 forums absolutely trashed what should have been a good post. In both places I was trashed for the caliber I let my daughters use. The 2nd instance was over the pictures I posted of my daughter and her good buck. The crime I committed was all the Blaze Orange clothing my daughter had on. It was extremely cold that day (5 degrees) and I wasn't about to make her freeze in order to get perfect field photos. The amount of PM's and direct attacks put me back into lurk mode again. I've no issue with difference of opinion and welcome it. Tearing something down over something petty not so much.

I can't wait to hear the details on this buck. CO is known to grow a few unbelievable bucks and bulls from time to time. Back to lurking.

Kinda like everyone who jumped on the HS Kid with the MAGA hat, then the real story came out...
I don't post pics of my kids for this and several other reasons. I even got a little grief for my antelope pic from last year, of course from the usual choir preachers...

If I remember correctly, your lope pic was pretty funny. If you suffered "grief" it was only a product of having thin skin.

That "Gordon" guy will be hated by many - I'm sure he cares deeply.

If I remember correctly, your lope pic was pretty funny. If you suffered "grief" it was only a product of having thin skin.

That "Gordon" guy will be hated by many - I'm sure he cares deeply.

The lope pic was intended to be funny, the grief suffered was by the usual suspects here who've got nothing better to than get all hyped up about other people's hunts. Me, I could care less. It's the internet and this locale is the "Halls of Justice" when it comes to internet superheros.

I just want to know the score see the measurements good for him killing a monster buck i just want the stats its one of the most unique looking animals. Greenhorn did it right with his buck.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back